“Truly superb”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Truly superb”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Best steaks ever served by knowledgeable staff who have a genuine passion for food. Probably one of the best meals we have ever experienced. The Lobster tail and fillet combo was just perfect and complimented with garlic butter for the lobster with a Bearnaise and peppercorn sauce for the steak. The accompanying french fries are simply exquisite. I never thought I'd rave about steak and chips but this is something else. We were very lucky to get a table without booking so don't risk it. The cocktail bar above seems to attract a really lively bunch which is great fun but your bank balance will look a little sick in the morning.

Guernsey, United Kingdom
“Great steakhouse”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Styled on the Gaucho grill, serves up great steaks with all manner of cuts and a variety of options in terms of cuts to share. Can be a little cramped and noisy, but if you're having fun who notices!

Visited October 2013
“Absolutely superb”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

What a shame this isn't bear my hometown in Wales. Absolutely superb steaks and red wine. We shared the Portherhouse and rib eye between five of us; excellent. Lovely seletion of bordaeux. Good to see my favourite Chateaus Musar on the list too.

And as for the Sticky Salted Toffee Pudding with Salted caramel ice cream! That really was divine.

Simple concept brilliantly executed.

Nottingham
“To die for...”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I'm not a great lover of steak, it's usually all fat and gristle and I wasn't thrilled to be eating in RED. However, the staff were very knowledgeable about steaks and gave great advice. I have to say that the steak I had was the best I have ever eaten, it was cooked to perfection and was delicious. The wine we had with it was excellent. My mouth is watering now just thinking about it.

It was a bit pricey but definitely worth it. Everyone in our party had the same opinion.

I would eat here again.

1 Thank AlistairNottingham
Guernsey, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Food and Service”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

If you love great steak then this is the place for you. With very attentive care and service and awesome tender steaks to match it is my favourite restaurant in the world. The Owner, Dave, is very knowledgeable on wine and the right wine to accompany your food. I tend to share a mixed starter platter that has some lamb chop lollies, calamari, sausages and cheese. Steaks can be ordered by the weight, and all popular cuts are available. You can even order a large steak (1kg plus) and share it. For dessert you will struggle to beat the Sticky Toffee Pudding with salted caramel an vanilla ice cream (accompanied by Pedro Ximenez Sherry). If you like Goodmans in London, you will love this as it easily outclasses the food and service there