“Special Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in St Peter Port
Tideswell, United Kingdom
“Special Hotel”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Everything about Hotel De Havelet makes it a special place to stay. The Manager and staff are all so helpful and friendly. The position of the hotel is excellent, with stunning views of Castle Cornet and the sea. The food is extremely good, with presentation making it well worth staying half-board. The facilities are excellent and the complementary bus tour of the Island a must. Thank you Hotel De Havelet; we hope to return.

Room Tip: The top rooms at the front of the hotel have a lovely view.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
BEST WESTERN D, General Manager at Best Western Hotel De Havelet, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other travellers on Tripadvisor. It was a pleasure to read that the you had a most enjoyable stay with us and that you found the hotel grounds and location with the stunning views ideal and you truly enjoyed the Island Tour too. It is always rewarding to receive positive feedback on our service too and as I always do, I will pass your kind compliments on to the team.
I would like thank you once again for your wonderful review and recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back to BEST WESTERN Hotel de Havelet in the future.

Gennaro Festivo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
Redhill, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We were really impressed with this hotel which absolutely met our expectations for a weekend in April. Staff were attentive and the facilities were great. Position was really good too within easy reach of the town centre and yet peaceful and quiet.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
BEST WESTERN D, General Manager at Best Western Hotel De Havelet, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Thank you for your great comments and posting them on TripAdvisor following your recent stay! It was a pleasure to read that the two of you had a most enjoyable short visit and the features and amenities of the hotel met your expectations.
I very much appreciate your kind comments, which I will share with the team, and we look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable stay.

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We dropped on this place by accident while on a short break in Guernsey. We called in to look at a dinner menue. The restaurant manager was superb, talked us through the menue, showed us the fantastic view and booked us in.

Excellent meal from the starter to the coffee and mint. Well cooked, well served and tremendous value. The bill was £45 including wine-brillient for three courses.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your 5* review, I am pleased to read that your recent dining experience at BEST WESTERN Hotel de Havelet was a most enjoyable one, and that you were satisfied with our service and found our Seasonal Menu of great value.
I would like to thank you once again for your fantastic feedback and for your recommendation. We look forward to be of your service again in the future.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed April 24, 2014

The Hotel de Havelet definitely tops all of the other Best Western hotels I have stayed at. Service was excellent, every member of staff was very hospitable and eager to help and make your stay as pleasant as possible. My room was spotlessly clean, spacious and I had a nice sea view as well. I also enjoyed using the pool. It's quite small (12 meters long and 1.8 meters deep) but very well maintained. They even have goggles for you to borrow just in case you didn't have your own pair! I also enjoyed eating at The Wellington Boot. My meal was delicious and the seafood was very fresh. I will definitely return to this hotel on my next trip to Guernsey.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank deniseacole
BEST WESTERN D, General Manager at Best Western Hotel De Havelet, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Let me start by thanking you for leaving a review on Tripadvisor regarding your most recent stay at our property and for mentioning us as a Top BEST WESTERN Hotel.
I am delighted to read your feedback and glad that you had a most enjoyable stay and we met your expectations in all areas of our service and in the facilities we provide. I am also glad that you enjoyed the food in our restaurant and that the staff was friendly and attentive.
Thank you once again for your time and effort to review our hotel and for your recommendation. We all look forward to welcome you back to BEST WESTERN Hotel de Havelet on the near future.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We highly recommend this hotel.The setting is picturesque and the views are to die for, but what really makes it stand out above others is the staff. From the cleaners to the restaurant staff and up to management everyone goes out of their way to make you feel welcome and comfortable and make the stay special.also the food is fantastic too.

Room Tip: front rooms have fantastic sea views
3 Thank beverley_and1
BEST WESTERN D, General Manager at Best Western Hotel De Havelet, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
It is always a great pleasure to read reviews like yours! I am pleased to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us, and thank you for your recommendation.

I have passed your kind words on to the team and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to BEST WESTERN Hotel de Havelet, hopefully in the near future.

Rickmansworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We just had a short stay in Guernsey staying at the Hotel De Havelet, have to say the staff were fantastic and the rooms were spotless especally the bathroom, how they get the shower screen so clean is beyond me. Nothing was too much trouble, and when we asked if we could keep the room on a little later as our flight was not til the evening, again it was not a problem. Now for the down side, the food, unfortunately we decided to eat at the hotel saturday evening, and I appreciate that they were extremely busy but after waiting an hour and ten minutes for my steak, when It did arrive it was far too rear for a medium steak but I was far to hungry and tied to return it, the breakfast was good but it arrived cold. If asked would I recommend the hotel to a friend or stay there again what would I say? without any hesitation YES.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time and to share your experience on Tripadvisor. It was a pleasure to read that the two of you had an enjoyable short visit and the bedroom you stayed in was all up to your comfort. Please accept my apologies for any inconveniences you might have experienced during service time in our Restaurant, however I am delighted to read that it has not deterred you from returning to BEST WESTERN Hotel de Havelet. I will share your kind compliments with my team, and would like to thank you once again for your l review and recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you back to BEST WESTERN Hotel de Havelet in the future.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the havelet for two nights, returning to London bank holiday Monday- we were sad to come back. The hotel is fantastic- wonderful staff who can't do enough for you lovely little pool and sauna etc which is so clean so that is fabulous - I can't stand little hair and bits in the leisure facilities a little gripe of mine! Dressing gowns and slippers provided - more four star than 3!! Well stocked bar only thing was for myself and my 24 year old partner was a bit quiet but we were going to relax anyway :) meal in the hotel gorgeous food stunning!!! they took a while with our meals but the manager apologised and we felt fine about it with such lovely views.

Breakfast gorgeous. We didn't want to leave and if we come back we will definitely stay here again - try for the superior room they are worth the extra money the beds are so comfortable :)

Thanks hotel de havelet , see you again

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank 186356Sam
BEST WESTERN D, General Manager at Best Western Hotel De Havelet, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Thank you for your great comments and posting them on TripAdvisor following your recent stay! It was a pleasure to read that the two of you had a most enjoyable short visit and the bedroom you stayed in was all up to your comfort. I am glad to see that you have had a very comfortable visit and the features and amenities of the hotel met your expectations

Also consider these accommodations in or near St Peter Port
#5 of 19 in St Peter Port
Fermain Valley Hotel
Fermain Valley Hotel
#4 of 19 in St Peter Port

Been to Best Western Hotel De Havelet? Share your experiences!