“Excellant Stay”

Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in St Peter Port
Slimbridge, United Kingdom
“Excellant Stay”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Booked a five night stay ay the hotel, very warm welcome on arrival, shown to our room which was very good overlooking the Port. Food was excellant, with very friendly service. Would recommend the hotel to friends and family. Look forward to a further break later in the year. May even consider a Christmas Break after talking to residents that had enjoyed a previous Christmas Break.

Room Tip: Good location, friendly service.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Philip G
BEST WESTERN D, General Manager at Best Western Hotel De Havelet, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Dear Mr G Phillip,

I am very happy to hear that you had an extremely enjoyable stay with us at BEST WESTERN Hotel de Havelet. Also that you thoroughly enjoyed dining in our ever popular Restaurant. I will as always pass on your kind comments onto my staff who I know will be very pleased to hear it. I do hope you decide to come and join us for the festive period, we always have a fantastic time and we hope to be able to include you in this. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Gennaro Festivo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
Purley
Reviewed March 12, 2014

The overall experience was very good. The staff are very friendly and provide good personalised service. The rooms are good and the food excellent. The pool and leisure facilities are excellent.
When we did have a problem it was dealt with well and to our satisfaction.
We will return!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
BEST WESTERN D, General Manager at Best Western Hotel De Havelet, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback following your stay with us at BEST WESTERN Hotel de Havelet. I am delighted to read that you have enjoyed the food and service in our restaurants along with all our facilities. We strive for each and every one of our guests to have a satisfied stay therefore I’m pleased to know that your reported problem was dealt to your satisfaction.
I have passed your kind comments onto all the staff and we all at BEST WESTERN Hotel de Havelet are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Jersey, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I had booked this hotel as a short break and was looking forward to staying. Unfortunately i couldent make the booking due to a ferry cancellation. I discussed this with the relevent staff at the hotel andthey were superb at dealing with my requests to alter my reservation...
I will be returning in the future due to the friendliness and professionalism of the staff...
This is how to run customer service

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank sharonandlee
BEST WESTERN D, General Manager at Best Western Hotel De Havelet, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Thank you very much for your great review, I am very happy to read that even though you couldn’t be with us this time our staff was, as always helpful, professional and friendly. We hope we can have the chance to welcoming you to BEST WESTERN Hotel de Havelet in the near future and I assure you that we can make your stay with us a memorable and thoroughly enjoyable time.

Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Great hotel with friendly, helpful and professional staff. Highly enjoyable food. Very comfortable, pleasant room with plenty of space and a good bathroom. Lovely public rooms and restaurant. My fourth stay here, I'm pleased to say. I love the pool.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Caroline M
BEST WESTERN D, General Manager at Best Western Hotel De Havelet, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Dear Caroline,
Thank you for your 5* review, I was so happy that you took the time to leave such a great review following your most recent stay with us at BEST WESTERN Hotel de Havelet. It was a pleasure to read that we met your expectations in all areas of our service and in the facilities we provide. As I always do, I have already passed on your kind words to my team and we hope you will stay with us again when you are back in Guernsey.
UK
Reviewed February 24, 2014

This is a fantastic hotel - the staff could not be more helpful or friendly. The room was spotless, comfortable and enjoyable. The view looking down on to the castle is most attractive. Ideally located close to the main town. The food was first class and competitively priced. My wife and I had a really great long weekend.

Room Tip: If the rooms were all like ours then they are all very good.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
BEST WESTERN D, General Manager at Best Western Hotel De Havelet, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Thank you very much for your wonderful review regarding your stay at BEST WESTERN Hotel de Havelet. We appreciate your kind comments and I am delighted that you had a very enjoyable weekend break and the team created a friendly, welcoming atmosphere during your stay.
As I always do I will share your review with my team and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to BEST WESTERN Hotel de Havelet in the future.

Guernsey, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I highly recommend this hotel. The Hotel has a very relaxed, homely atmosphere and full of character. The staff are great and very tentative.
A lovely swimming pool very clean and hygienic.
Great hotel!
Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank juliet c
BEST WESTERN D, General Manager at Best Western Hotel De Havelet, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
It is always a great pleasure to read reviews like yours! I am pleased to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us, and thank you for your recommendation.

I have passed kind words on to the team and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to BEST WESTERN Hotel de Havelet, hopefully in the near future.

London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Stayed for a couple of nights whilst on business locally. Very happy to be upgraded to a superior room at no extra cost, the room was well appointed, spotlessly clean and a very generous size. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful, nothing was too much trouble for them. Dinner in the restaurant was excellent, attentive waiting staff without being intrusive, the food was very reasonably priced, high quality, well presented very tasty and cooked to perfection. Breakfast was also very good with a good choice of cereals fruits pastries e.t.c and the cooked breakfast was excellent. I can't fault this hotel in any way and it represents excellent value for money when compared to other hotels in the locale. I'd happily stay here again, it's a very well run and comfortable hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
BEST WESTERN D, General Manager at Best Western Hotel De Havelet, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Thank you for your fabulous review and sharing it with other fellow travellers. I am delighted to learn that the comfort of your bedroom, the great dining experience along with the delicious, well presented food and the friendly, helpful staff made your stay a memorable one. I would also like to thank you for your recommendation and pleased to learn that we would have the opportunity to be of your service again in the future when staying in Guernsey.
Your kind comments are invaluable and I can assure you that the team will be pleased to read your feedback and feels encouraged to keep up their good work to provide excellent customer service.
Please do not hesitate to contact us again if there is anything we can assist with and we look forward to welcome you back to BEST WESTERN Hotel de Havelet hopefully in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near St Peter Port
St. Pierre Park Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort
Fermain Valley Hotel
Fermain Valley Hotel
#4 of 19 in St Peter Port

Been to Best Western Hotel De Havelet? Share your experiences!