“Excellent hotel”

Best Western Hotel De Havelet
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in St Peter Port
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Just arrived back to uk from a couple of days at the Hotel De Havelet, where we had a lovely warm welcome from veit at reception who took us to our room , room 18 was extremely clean and comfortable with a view over a small enclosed court yard .The Hotel overall was very relaxed with a lovely cosy and friendly atmosphere and extremely clean throughout.The staff from housekeeping to front of house were all extremely smart in apperance and always had a friendly smile and a polite word to say. The saddlers bar was like an old country pub the staff remembered what drinks we had the night before which made us feel like we were regulars which was lovely. we dined both nights in the Havelet grill the food was outstanding and we especially enjoyed the Havelet seafood platter.( Well Recomended )The staff in the havelet grill were extremely busy on saturday evening but still had a smile and time for a conversation nothing was to much trouble for them. we look forward to returning in the near future and please keep your unique charm and happy staff its alot better than the up to date starchy new hotels we have stayed in well done and thankyou for a great stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
BEST WESTERN D, General Manager at Best Western Hotel De Havelet, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Thank you for your great comments and thank you especially for taking the time to post them on TripAdvisor after your recent stay! I am pleased that you have had a memorable holiday with us and you really enjoyed it.
I am glad that you found the bedrooms ideal and you truly enjoyed your meals in the Havelet Grill Restaurant and your drinks in our Saddle Bar. Thank you for mentioning the staff as friendly and helpful; they do pride themselves on providing excellent customer service. I will pass your kind words on to them and we hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back to BEST WESTERN Hotel de Havelet in the future.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I'm staying at the hotel now and can't believe my luck. The hotel has bags of character, is immaculate and the staff are wonderful. Just tucked into a great steak, followed by fruit salad and Guernsey ice cream, stuffed, but can't wait for brekker's!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank K R
BEST WESTERN D, General Manager at Best Western Hotel De Havelet, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Wow what a great review, thank you very much for taking the time to write such a great review. I am so happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay, the great steak and the friendly, welcoming service from the team. I have passed your kind comments onto the entire team and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to BEST WESTERN Hotel de Havelet.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Just got back from staying at the De Havelet this past week. As per previous comments, the place is a little dated, but nothing offensive, and it's all immaculate and clean, so it's not like it's been abandoned. The staff are lovely, really welcoming and not at all stuffy. The room was good, we had a twin, which was a pair of zip-lock beds which shared one headboard on the wall, so although they were separate beds, they were only six inches apart. We rearranged it to make a little more space. Bathroom was sparkling and new, and the shower was perfect. We ate in the restaurant most nights. The food was just superb, best quality I'd eaten in a long while, although it was a bit on the pricey side. Breakfast was a good selection, but the cooked option wasn't a patch on the evening meal.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 35, which is in the new part (built on to the back of the original house). It was...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
BEST WESTERN D, General Manager at Best Western Hotel De Havelet, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Many thanks for your detailed review following your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that overall you had a pleasant stay here at BEST WESTERN Hotel de Havelet and would like to thank you for sharing your experience with other travellers from around the world.
Our staff will be pleased to see that you have mentioned them as lovely and welcoming; they do pride themselves on providing excellent customer service. With regards to the elements you have raised comments about, firstly I would like to thank you to bringing it to my attention and please rest assured that I will personally address the areas to improve on our service and to avoid any future disappointment.
Thank you very much for staying at BEST WESTERN Hotel de Havelet and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

I travel with my job and have been to many hotel's over the year's and seen good and bad in all star ratings. I would just like to say this hotel was very welcoming and all the staff were very helpful and attentive with a smile ...which is unusual these days.
The food was lovely and room clean, and they went out of there way to help.
I would recommend this hotel and would stay there again

Keith O

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
BEST WESTERN D, General Manager at Best Western Hotel De Havelet, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Dear Keith,
Thank you for your 5* review, I was so happy that you took the time to leave such a great review following your recent stay with us at BEST WESTERN Hotel de Havelet. It was a pleasure to read that we met your expectations in all areas of our service and in the facilities we provide. As I always do, I have already passed on your kind words to my team and we hope you will stay with us again when you are back in Guernsey.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

I highly recommend the Hotel De Havelet in Guernsey, which my husband and I stayed at whilst en route from England to Herm Island. From the time we arrived on 11th November, the staff, particularly the male on front desk reception, were helpful and friendly. Our room was of a high standard, likewise the Saddle Restaurant where we had our evening meal. We will certainly stay at this Hotel again when we next visit Guernsey.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
BEST WESTERN D, General Manager at Best Western Hotel De Havelet, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Thank you for choosing BEST WESTERN Hotel de Havelet and sharing your travel experience with other site followers. I was delighted to read that overall you have enjoyed your stay and I am pleased to learn that you would like to return.
Thank you for highlighting that our receptionist was very helpful and welcoming, I will pass your kind compliments on to him and the rest of team and we all look forward to welcome you back to BEST WESTERN Hotel de Havelet.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

I have stayed here twice now on business and would recommend this hotel over any other on the island. The welcome is warm and friendly with all the staff only to pleased to help you, breakfast is very nice indeed and provides lovely views with a good choice on the menu.
I was treated to a room at the top of the building which had lovely features, loads of space and a very comfortable bed. The bathroom was clean and modern and the rooms very quiet which made for a great nights sleep.
All round great experience, see you again soon De Havelet.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Thank you very much for this great review following your most recent with us. It was a pleasure to read that your expectations were exceeded during your second visit and that you enjoyed the comfort of your bedroom, the lovely views and the great choice of meals which are some of the great amenities BEST WESTERN Hotel de Havelet can offer you.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need assistance in the future and we also look forward to see you again soon!

Reviewed November 17, 2013

My wife and I stayed 1 night, which wasn't enough! This is a lovely hotel, with very friendly staff and superb accommodation. The Wellington Boot restaurant has some lovely views and the food was very good. All in all thoroughly recommended and we will be visiting again.

Room Tip: Room 26, a lovely comfortable bed good for athletics!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
BEST WESTERN D, General Manager at Best Western Hotel De Havelet, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Thank you very much for taking your time and sharing your travel experience on TripAdvisor. We are all delighted to learn how much you have enjoyed your stay with us and it is also very rewarding to know that the team has left a positive impression with you.
Thank you for your recommendation too and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to BEST WESTERN Hotel de Havelet hopefully for a longer visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near St Peter Port
#1 of 9 in St Martin
Hotel Bella Luce
Hotel Bella Luce
#2 of 9 in St Martin

Been to Best Western Hotel De Havelet? Share your experiences!