“Good Sunday lunch with excellent views”
Review of The Crows Nest

The Crows Nest
Ranked #15 of 126 Restaurants in St Peter Port
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
London
“Good Sunday lunch with excellent views”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

My family went to the Crow's nest for Sunday lunch having returned from France experiencing disappointing and expensive food there! So they really enjoyed the good value, tasty food especially the scallops and king prawns skewers and I enjoyed a yummy green Thai chicken curry. Recommended for its friendly staff ,good food that offers value and great harbour views.

Visited September 2012

St Peter Port, United Kingdom
“Great views but something missing...”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I came here on a Saurday night with my partner and our friends who are also a couple, we were placed upstairs at the far corner next to the bar on a tiny table with tiny stools.... it wasnt very comfortable. As we are 19-21 they were almost reluctant to serve us(as me must of looked quite young) which was quite irritating because if you want to check our age you have the right to ask us for ID. the food was lovely but we didnt enjoy it as much sitting on those stools the layout and style of the restaurant is great but the stools are so unideal, i could hardly eat any of my main because sitting on those stools leaning over made me feel sick, and slightly off putting when your trying to eat and people drinking at the bar looking at you and being nosey. Overall the food was lovely but i probably wouldnt go back unfortunately.

• Visited September 2012
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“I expected a little better”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

The top floor of this pub restaurant is supposedly their flag ship so it seemed strange to me that instead of nicely laid out tables there are benches, high chairs and tables with stools around them for the clientele to eat from. Added to this the room is shared with drinkers standing at the bar whilst there are two other floors for people to stand and drink at. The food was tasty and the wine list decent but I was a little perturbed when I asked if they served Shiraz iby the glass to be told yes and when I ordered it was told that they only have Merlot, confusing. As I said the food was good but the experience could have been a whole lot better if the surroundings were what you would expect for the prices being paid.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank DannydNottingham
Guernsey, United Kingdom
“Wonderful views but little else”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Overlooking the harbour which makes it interesting, especially on a summers evening watching the boats coming and going. The service was reasonable but the food! Not good. The couple with us had Moules and couldn't eat them. Dry and suspect. Will not be returning.

Visited August 2012
Barnet, United Kingdom
“Good menu, visited here twice”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We ate here on two evenings during a recent trip to Guernsey. It was a lucky find the first time; the second time we booked in advance so that we could have a table by the window in the restaurant downstairs overlooking the harbour. The menu has plenty of choices with daily specials and lots of seafood. The food was fresh and well-cooked, and not too expensive, and there was a good selection of desserts from a board. On the second visit I had an espetada, which is a speciality of the house and seemed very popular - I had the prawn and scallop variety, which was lovely. Service was good; the waitress recognised us on our second visit and was very friendly. I would recommend it for a nice meal in central St Peter Port.

• Visited August 2012