“Wonderful views but little else”
Review of The Crows Nest

The Crows Nest
Ranked #12 of 135 Restaurants in St Peter Port
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Overlooking the harbour which makes it interesting, especially on a summers evening watching the boats coming and going. The service was reasonable but the food! Not good. The couple with us had Moules and couldn't eat them. Dry and suspect. Will not be returning.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

We ate here on two evenings during a recent trip to Guernsey. It was a lucky find the first time; the second time we booked in advance so that we could have a table by the window in the restaurant downstairs overlooking the harbour. The menu has plenty of choices with daily specials and lots of seafood. The food was fresh and well-cooked, and not too expensive, and there was a good selection of desserts from a board. On the second visit I had an espetada, which is a speciality of the house and seemed very popular - I had the prawn and scallop variety, which was lovely. Service was good; the waitress recognised us on our second visit and was very friendly. I would recommend it for a nice meal in central St Peter Port.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

We visited just as the sun was going down, and witnessing the changing light over the port was grand. The food was good, but not excellent. My only criticism is that the lemon tart I ordered was actually a lemon cheesecake.. tarts do not have a biscuit base!

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Booked with friends looking for good, simple, well prepared food at a reasonable price, and with a wine list to match

We ate in the restaurant rather than the bar upstairs. I can only agree with all the positive reviews - it certainly offered what we wanted and have no critiscism at all - except it would have been a nice touch to have a greater choice of teas and cofffees to finish.

I would go back and recommend

Reviewed August 26, 2012

We had a fab meal here on 18th August, we did book and I would recommend this. We ate in the dining room as opposed to the bar and were very impressed with the service, food and location. It caters for all tastes and the wine list is also good. We are not easy to please and eat out often; we will be returning here.