“A good all rounder”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Booked with friends looking for good, simple, well prepared food at a reasonable price, and with a wine list to match

We ate in the restaurant rather than the bar upstairs. I can only agree with all the positive reviews - it certainly offered what we wanted and have no critiscism at all - except it would have been a nice touch to have a greater choice of teas and cofffees to finish.

I would go back and recommend

Reviewed August 26, 2012

We had a fab meal here on 18th August, we did book and I would recommend this. We ate in the dining room as opposed to the bar and were very impressed with the service, food and location. It caters for all tastes and the wine list is also good. We are not easy to please and eat out often; we will be returning here.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

The Crows nest is perfectly situated with a lovely view across the harbour. We booked here on a wet and windy day but the big windows at the front meant we could dine in the dry but still see what was going on around the harbour. The staff were friendly, the food was good and pretty good value. We had the lobster (on the specials) and the burger, both of which were lovely. The decor of this restaurant is lovely. Recommend you visit this but if you want a guaranteed harbour view, suggest you book

Reviewed August 24, 2012

This venue is one of the few places in Guernsey that usually has it all....or at least all that I am looking for on a night out. Good food at a fair price, lovely views inside the bar and outside and a cross section of friendly people. I almost thought I was out in Jersey for a moment. Well done keep it up great stuff. Occasional live acoustic music also adds something extra.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

This restaurant has a lovely view and when I went two years ago I was pleasantly suprised. This time is was rather poor and I will not be returning. Not a patch on some of the other fine places in Guernsey.

The staff were very pre-occupied which was strange as the restaurant did not seem too busy. At certain points during the meal there were no staff at all.

The food was very average and some of the items on my plate were stone cold.

All in all, apart from the comanding view of the harbour and castle, this was a reall disappointment. This is such a shame as it has the right location and style to be a real winner.

On leaving the restaurant, two of the 'missing staff' were outside smoking. To me, this is unforgiveable in what claims to be a quality establishment.

1  Thank Richnkirst1