“amazing”

The Old Quarter Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 126 Restaurants in St Peter Port
Cuisines: Irish, British
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A warm Guernsey welcome awaits you at the Old Quarter Restaurant from Paddy, Dana and the staff. This is honest, no nonsense food with a slight Irish slant as you would only expect from Paddy's home roots. The Restaurant prides itself on using as much locally sourced ingredients as possible; fresh from the land and the sea the taste of Guernsey comes out in every dish. Paddy and the team are keen to show off the best of what Guernsey has on offer each season and the menu changes to reflect this. Our cosy restaurant caters for parties up to fifty people, so whether its a business meeting over lunch or an intimate dinner for two we will always do everything to meet your expectations. We are also very flexible with our menus and happy to adapt to your needs where possible. You will find us at the centre of the Old Quarter among a mixture of antique dealers, art gallery's, craft shops, fashion boutiques and unique privately run shops of all types and descriptions. With its narrow cobbled streets it really is like going back in time to what most of the town of St Peter Port once looked like, but with a modern twist of quaint little shops. Any stroll around town is not complete without a trip up Mill and Mansell Street, why not cap it off with a light lunch or and early evening meal.
Guernsey

• Visited December 2012

Worksop, United Kingdom
“Worth the walk.”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

An excellent restaurant, which is a bit out of the way. We had to park our car and walk up the hill as the restaurant is on a narrow street in the old district. The food was amazing, fresh and well presented without being 'nouvelle cuisine" style ie too small! We went for the early bird menu (before 6.30 pm I think) and it was excellent value at 11.95 for 3 courses (or 13.95?). I had the pate (superb) followed by steak and a sundae. All wonderfully presented, fresh and tasty. Would highly recommend. Atmosphere slightly lacking as it was quiet but it was 6.30pm on a December evening. Staff and service were good and chef came to table to ask if all was o.k. Go!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Milly00
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Brilliant”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Slightly off the beaten track but really well worth the visit. We went for the set menu / tennerfest option at £20 per head and it was fantastic. Excellent quality. We would noy have been irriitated to pay regular menu prices for what we had. If I return to Guernsey I will return here. Every visitor should give it a go.

• Visited October 2012
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Perfect first night in Guernsey”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Booked early bird meal for our first night of hols ( do know the area as I come from Guernsey).
The food was OUTSTANDING in quality and value for money.This was also matched by the service and welcome from Paddy and his staff.Cant wait to return.

• Visited August 2012
Brackley, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A great meal”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

My wife and I went to the Old Quarter to celebrate her birthday. We were thrilled by the meal we had. The chef has a real understanding of how to use good ingredients to produce a truly tasty honest dish. The Prawn and calamri starter came in a enriching sauce. My wifes fillet of beef which was deep in both quantity and flavour.My lamb was cooked well and came with an intense jus. It may be a little off the beaten track but I would recomend it to any one who wants their tastebuds thrilled.

• Visited November 2012