“Style through and through”

The Old Government House Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in St Peter Port
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Stayed in superb room for New Year. Huge bed that was very comfortable. En suite was immaculate. Staff very attentive. Price included an excellent Sunday brunch with live band. All very civilised for £188.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TheRovingDiner
AChantrell, General Manager at The Old Government House Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Dear TheRovingDiner,

Thank you for taking time to share some feedback following your stay with us on New Year's Eve. I am delighted that you enjoyed both the New Year's Eve celebrations and the brunch on New Year's Day. I am also pleased that you liked your room and had a comfortable night.

Thank you for choosing The OGH to see in the New Year and I hope to be able to welcome you back again to see in 2014.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

The first time we have visited Guernsey and the first time we have stayed at OGH. The Hotel is fantastic - and we have stayed at a number of five star places across Europe and the UK.

From collecting us at the airport to taking us back at the end of three glorious days -the staff at OGH where superb.

It's a great hotel -no two rooms are alike - but the cleanliness and facilities are consistently excellent. I have never known such a friendly and attentive bunch of staff -they seem to be able to read your mind and before you have even asked for something -its ready! If you are wanting a peaceful, luxurious break , fed good food , chill out in a spa -this is the place. We wanted to take the beds home-we are going back in the summer .-

Room Tip: higher floor facing the sea -but all rooms are great.
2  Thank Peter J
AChantrell, General Manager at The Old Government House Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Dear Peter J,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review following your stay with us. I am so pleased that the team were able to ensure that you had a memorable stay with us and it will be my pleasure to share this with them.

Thank you for choosing The OGH and I look forward to welcoming you back to Guernsey and The OGH in the summer.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

A special weekend in a superb hotel.

Do try the Indian Restaurant located in the hotel. And let the chef choose wines to complement your meal ...... you won't be disappointed !

The rooms were comfortable, and while we had problems with the signal for the TV, the hotel management and staff could not be more attentive.

This was our first visit to this hotel and I am sure it will not be our last.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with views on the port

Dear Mike T,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your weekend and that you particularly enjoyed The Curry Room. The whole team will be thrilled to know that they helped to make your stay a memorable one and we all hope to see you again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel many times and have spent the last three Christmases here and have never been disappointed. The hotel is cosy and comfortable and the service is exceptional. Without exception the staff were friendly and helpful making our stay just perfect. We were made to feel most welcome by Harry-what a lovely man!
The beds are the most comfortable we have ever slept in and the food was superb. We can't wait for our next visit.

2  Thank Diane I

Dear Diane I,

We were all delighted to welcome you back to The OGH again for Christmas and so pleased that you had another memorable stay with us. I have shared your feedback with the team, particularly Harry, and we are all looking forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

With best wishes,

Reviewed November 30, 2012

This hotel is exceptional - because of its age and history, the layout is a bit higgledypiggledy - getting to my room was an adventure. The room was spacious, spotless and cosily warm without being suffocating - the windows can be opened, which is unusual these days, but it was a bitterly cold night so I didn't bother. I laughed when I saw the room was equipped with not one, not two, but three enormous fitted wardrobes. The bedding was super - a huge bed and lovely sheets. I loved the bathroom and the l'Occitaine toiletries. My only teensy irritation was that the shower cubicle was a little small, but hey, I wouldn't complain about it. I had to leave early for a 7.00 am flight and didn't expect breakfast because that service doesn't start until 7.00 am, but they had thoughtfully prepared an urn of coffee and a tray of pastries for early bird departures. We had a super meal in the bar - menu a bit limited and pricey, as were the drinks. The staff were without exception attentive, efficient and friendly. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Minnie12359
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We have just completed a short break in Guernsey staying at the Old Government House and cannot praise the quality of the service highly enough, without exception, each and every one of the staff was helpful and friendly, going out of their way to improve our stay in innumerable ways.

We ate in both the Brasserie and the Curry room - the food and wine were very good; breakfast was superb.

I don't know when I will be next back in Guernsey, but I do know where I will be staying when I do.

Room Tip: Check for off season offers - we had a superb suite for the price of regular room.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SMW5514
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Had dinner at this wonderful hotel on Monday November 19th 2012. What a wonderful place and had a great time.
Arrived and had predinner drinks, no pressure for time and had a relaxed time with the wonderful waiters looking after us.

Wanted a good romantic evening and thats just what we got. Thanks.

Room Tip: Great place for a meal
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
#2 of 9 in St Martin
La Barbarie Hotel
La Barbarie Hotel
#1 of 9 in St Martin

Been to The Old Government House Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!