“Perfect place to stay for a relaxing break”

The Duke of Richmond Hotel
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in St Peter Port
Reviewed October 18, 2010

We have stayed here before but this time I thought I would finally get round to saying how good it is to stay here! We came over to see some friends and go for some nice meals etc. The rooms are clean,spacious and modern,beds are very comfortable. Staff are friendly and helpful, nothing was too much trouble.
We ate at the hotel on two occasions and both meals were lovely, generous portions as well. Trying to think of something that wasn't up to scratch but I can't! This is high praise indeed from a Jerseyman! Will be back soon

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank valkering

Reviewed October 14, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel about 12 times and asked on booking for a Better standard double.
Remember my review worth more because stayed often.
On this occasion I was given a tired poor decor room with tied scuffed furniture
and a hotel extractor fan out side - that kept me awake. also tiny tv that didn't work.
I wrote an email to Hotel Management and received a arrogant emial reply only.

The hotel has refurbished rooms that cost more. Mixture of standard rooms some good
and some very poor. Hotel meant to be having new standard delux rooms soon.

THE HOTEL IS NOT INTERESTED IN RETURNING GUESTS AND TREATED ME BADLY
AND LEFT ME SHOCKED.

Some of refubished rooms are nice but the culture of Management towards Guests like
me was dreadful.
This Hotel has gone down hill.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank sarnia12
Reviewed October 8, 2010

My wife and I think this a most comfortable Hotel. Our room was very spacious and the bathroom was large . Sheets changed daily and we also had a fridge in our room. The staff are very helpful and efficient. This is just a most pleasant hotel to stay in. The food is exceptional for the money that you pay. There is a nice bar,where lunchtime food is served and plenty of comfortable seating areas . Once you have found a hotel of this quality you seriously would not to want stay anywhere else.in Guernsey. We will certainly be back next year. I defy anyone to find a better 3 star hotel on the Island.

Reviewed October 4, 2010

My wife and I stayed at this lovely hotel for four days in late September. The room was really comfortable, well-appointed and spotless.
The hotel staff members were very efficient, courteous and welcoming.
The meals were absolutely excellent, extremely well prepared, delightful and wholesome. We complimented the chef on the range and quality of the meals because they were way above the average hotel meal. The waiting staff too were quite charming, obliging, polite and very efficient.
In short, we enjoyed a really pleasant stay and I would without hesitation recommend this hotel to anyone who is thinking of visiting Guernsey.

Reviewed September 28, 2010

If you are looking for high-end accommodation but with warm, home atmosphere with the friendly, efficient service, then the Duke of Richmond Hotel is the place to stay. I often travel to Guernsey, but this time, the hotel I normally stay at was full, so my company booked me in at “The Duke”. My cosy room on the top floor overlooked the harbour. It was immaculately clean, with beautiful, modern decor in keeping with the elegant style of the entrance hall. For dinner I decided to stay in and went down to the Cocktail Bar (which surprised me with its unusual ship theme). On the barman’s recommendation I sampled the local sea bass from their specials menu - it was simply delicious and well-presented. The whole atmosphere there was just perfect - nothing pretentious, yet elegant and homely at the same time.
As I was catching the red eye, I decided to settle my account the night before and although the girls at reception were quite busy with other guests (there was a large group of tourists staying at the hotel), once my turn came I was treated like I was the only one staying at the hotel! The receptionists were amongst the most friendly and professional I have ever encountered.
Unfortunately, as I had to leave early in the morning, I did not have the opportunity to enjoy my full breakfast in the restaurant, but had a freshly brewed coffee and fruit salad delivered to my room instead and which arrived spot on at the requested time. I can’t rate this hotel highly enough with its attentive, friendly service, they definitely know how to make their guests feel at home and make them want to return again!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 28, 2010

We were made most welcome when we arrived at 10 am and coffee and biscuits soon were served to revive us after our journey, for which we were not charged. Our luggage was placed into the Baggage Room and put into our room when it was ready while we went out and enjoyed an interesting day at Castle Cornet. The room was large and comfortable with a flat screen TV on the wall and a balcony from which we could glimpse the sea through a frame of trees in the neighbouring park. The bathroom was spacious with plenty of space for our toiletries and those supplied by the hotel were replenished every day. The restaurant was pleasant and airy and we enjoyed all the food served by courteous waiters and waitresses. The young lady in charge made a special point of making sure everyone was satisfied. The weather was glorious and all in all we were very pleased to be there.
C &E White

Reviewed September 12, 2010

1960s splendour at 2000 prices. The bathroom was so outdated and tiny. It took about half an hour to get enough water through the shower to wash my hair. The main rooms in the hotel were very dated and did not give one the sense of occasion. A very disappointing stay.

1  Thank MaryE103