“Excellent professionally run hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Les Rocquettes

Les Rocquettes
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in St Peter Port
“Excellent professionally run hotel”
Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

Silver service in every sense of the word. Good food at all times with highly trained staff in all areas. Fish at breakfast with poached egg excellent. Good wine list with fine food in the evening. The home made soup and the Malbec particularly good. Big Sony TV and bathroom with powerful thermostatic shower. Niggles, only that the room was very hot perhaps because it was over the swimming pool and that meant sleeping with the window open near to the road.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Just spent three nights at the fantastic Les Rocquettes hotel - I recommend it highly. The staff there are so friendly and helpful, and really make you feel as though nothing is too much trouble. We ate in the hotel restaurant twice and found the food to be very good and the service excellent. We had a room with a balcony (112) which was great, as it meant we could open up the patio door nice and wide - the weather was fantastic for this time of year. Our room was at the back of the hotel, so the balcony looked out over a lovely garden. The pool at the hotel is great too - a good size - and the hotel also has free wi-fi. Oh and it’s really clean - we saw curtains being hoovered and wallpaper being wiped down one morning as we were leaving!!

One of the best things about the hotel is the free courtesy bus service. It does two runs down to St Peter Port every morning, and then does a run back again at the end of the day (5.30pm I think it was). The really noteworthy thing though is that the bus does two free ‘island tours’ on two afternoons a week - Tuesdays and Thursdays - and the fact that it’s free really makes it a steal (we overheard someone saying they’d paid £15 for an equivalent island tour booked with another company down in St Peter Port). Bobby the hotel’s bus driver is the main reason why I highly recommend doing the hotel’s tour - a really nice guy and very knowledgeable about Guernsey and its history. The tours are about to finish for the season, and will start up again in April I believe.

The Tourist Information Office in St Peter Port is good - we found a very helpful and informative lady in there and left with lots of useful info and leaflets. During our stay we also visited the Occupation Museum, which I would recommend - not overly big but packed with interesting information about the German occupation of Guernsey from 1940-1945.

We booked our trip with channelislandsdirect.co.uk, who I would also recommend. Our package with them included flights, hotel and shuttle transfer from the airport which was very handy, and on our arrival at the hotel we were greeted by a rep who had come especially just to welcome us and help us with any questions we had - a very nice touch. We didn’t hire a car as it’s very easy to navigate the island by bus - and as the person that would’ve been doing the driving I can say that it was a lovely change and welcome relief to be able to take in all the beautiful scenery that I would’ve missed if I’d have been concentrating on the driving!!!

Room Tip: Go for a balcony room - the balconies are sheltered so you can sit out there even if it's rainin...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Channel Islands
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Just spent the night at Les Rocquettes Hotel to enjoy the Tennerfest meal that is on offer. A warm welcome was followed by a speedy check in and then up to a very nice spacious room with a balcony, overlooking the car park but was still nice to sit in the sun and have a drink with the paper.The swimming pool is of an average size but was nicely heated which also has a small area for children we both enjoyed the steam room, sauna and jacuzzi.The Tennerfest meal(£17.50 4 3 courses) was fabulous with really intense flavours, we struggled to finish it and that hasn't happened to me before.Overall loved the deal, paid £70 for the room if booking the Tennerfest meal and would love to see the Hotel doing more deals like this during the winter months to attract the locals and fill up the Hotel.(would love to come back!)

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony if you want one we had 101 on the 1st floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Stourbridge
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Just come back from my fourth visit teaching in Guernsey
I have stayed at Les rocquettes each time ... Mainly because I am not responsible for the booking ... My customer does it for me , saying this , whilst I am sure there are other good places to stay on the island les rocquettes hits the target every time
I was half board this time ..dinner on each night was fantastic

There was a big function on the seat night so was told I could not eat until 2030 .... But I was easily accommodated in the bar

I would certainly stay there again .... And will

Oh and most importantly ... They have proper brown sauce at the breakfast table

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Norfolk, UK
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We stayed here in August 2013 with our two grandchildren, aged 8 & 7. The hotel had a fantastic pool and fitness complex, 2 dining options (bar and restaurant). Our grandchildren really enjoyed the pool and used it each day. The hotel staff were all very helpful and booked a taxi for us to the quay when we went to Sark for the day. The food was excellent and the rooms very clean and comfortable. We hired a car and there was ample parking.
We would definitely return.

• Stayed August 2013
Hampshire
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Only a one night stay but everything was good and I was surprised that the rating was only three star. Helpful staff, large rooms, comfortable beds, good hot water and very positive comments from others about breakfast, though on this occasion I only had a slice of toast. I would choose this one again though.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Nice rooms, friendly and attentive staff. Good food. Had a lot of equipment with us but hotel was most helpful in assisting with the logistics involved. Nothing was too much trouble. Good for parking and only a short walk from the centre of the town. Did not have time to try the spa.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business