“Room for Improvement”
Review of Les Rocquettes

Les Rocquettes
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in St Peter Port
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed for 4 nights at Les Rocquettes hotel with my boyfriend at the end of June 2012. My initial impression of the hotel was positive. The outside building looked impressive and the reception and foyer areas were decorated to a high standard with furniture to match. The receptionist was friendly and helpful and offered to store our bags while our room was being cleaned as we arrived two hours earlier than check in time.
However my initial positive impression soon turned to disappointment when entering the bedroom. Having booked a Superior Class A Double room, I presumed the room would be as the photograph on the booking website - modern in decoration with cream painted walls, blue couch and modern bathroom. Clearly this was not the case! Whilst the room and bathroom was large in size with a balcony I was shocked at the dated decor and dark wooded furnishings and the bed was tiny for a double. The bathroom fittings were rusting, in particular the soap holder over the bath and curtain rail.
The breakfast was horrible - my bacon over cooked, the sausages tasted like cheap supermarket meat and the hash brown was greasy. I ordered cereal and poached eggs for the rest of the week. I am surprised by the breakfast as we ate dinner in the restaurant on our first evening and I was impressed by the delicious tasting meal.
The hotel swimming pool and Jacuzzi were fantastic and the changing facilities were clean and modern.
The hotel website states excellent location and walking distance into town, yes you can walk into town which takes approximately 15 minutes to town and 20 minutes return due to the hills. I was told by reception the walk would take 10 minutes which is not true. However buses do stop outside the hotel which is useful.
To be honest I would not book Les Rocquettes hotel again. The bedroom and the breakfasts simply did not live up to 3* expectations.

Room Tip: Do not be fooled by the bedroom photographs on the booking website.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Colette C
There are newer reviews for Les Rocquettes

Reviewed July 8, 2012

We have just spent 3 days at this delightful hotel. Location is about a 15 minute walk down the hill to town and for those less fit people there are buses you can return on.
We had a large room with balcony which was spotlessly clean with large screen television. The food in the restaurant was of high quality and always piping hot. Service was sometimes a little slow but the waitresses were lovely, as were all the staff who were polite and helpful.
I can recommend a trip to Sark . You can also take a No.7 bus and go around the island for £1! We hopped on and off to sight see and to walk and never had to wait very long for another bus.
Guernsey is a beautiful island and we intend to return in the future, staying once again at this lovely hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Stayed here for one night in early July. Food was high standard and rooms of a good quality. Would rate higher than a three star and definitely stay again. Good location about 15-20 min walk into the Town.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 5, 2012

What a great hotel, from check in to check out, it couldn't have been better. The staff were friendly, efficient, polite, the food was delicious and plenty to choose from. Try the ice cream mmm delicious!. The rooms were very comfortable, we had a balcony overlooking the the gardens, very nice to sit and read the paper and chill. The hotel has a bus which will take you down into the town centre,although the buses on the island are brilliant and take you everywhere. This was our first to Guernsey and would recommend the hotel to everybody, and we hope to visit again.

Room Tip: If possible a room with a balcony overlooking the garden.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 30, 2012

What a great hotel this is. Classed as a 3 star hotel, The service is equal to any 5 star Hotel.

My wife and I stayed there from Saturday 23rd June until Sat. 30th June, We were blown away by the quality of food, dishes were so very satisfying and so delicious, The bedrooms were very comfortable too. I would recomend this hotel to anyone who likes quality service and fantastic food. I could not fault a thing. Superb. If you want a great holiday go sraight to this hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms are first class.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tosh44
Reviewed June 22, 2012

A short visit to Guernsey from neighbouring Sark, and a delightful stay in this hotel. Without exception, all the staff were polite, efficient and friendly. Check in was very fast. On this occasion I was travelling alone and was allocated a superior double room in a new part of the hotel. I slept extremely well, and I have nothing but praise for all the staff, both "front of house" and behind the scenes. Food and service in the restaurant were first class, both at dinner and at breakfast the following morning. A taxi was arranged to meet me from the harbour on arrival. I had an appointment in the centre of town after checking out, and a taxi was arranged for this as well. I have no hesitation in adding Les Rocquettes to my list of "favourite hotels". Thank you all.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank sarkanglican
Reviewed June 21, 2012

We had a super weeks holiday in early June this year with friends and would come again to this hotel.
Service very good, staff helpful and friendly.
Food well cooked and plenty of variety.
Comfortable with all mod cons.
Lots of relaxing areas.

Room Tip: Room at the front facing car park and near a lift on the first floor we found quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends