“Fantastic Hotel, Great Location!”

Best Western Moores Central Hotel
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in St Peter Port
Reviewed April 6, 2010

I booked this hotel a few weeks before my stay and was scheduled to stay for the Easter Weekend. I arrived around 12pm and my room was ready, the offer of having someone to take my luggage up for me was a surprise but a welcome one. I can only fully recommend this hotel and say that I thoroughly enjoyed my three night stay here. All the staff is courteous, friendly and welcoming. The rooms are very spacious, airy and clean. I prepaid for breakfast in advance and in all the hotels I have stayed in (and there have been a lot) and reviewed this was the only one in which breakfast (the cooked part) was made to order which was really nice because it meant it was fresh and served hot to your table! This was my first time in Guernsey to visit friends but I’ve no doubt I shall be going again and will most definitely be staying at the Best Western Moores Central Hotel again. The location of the hotel is within the high street so you have restaurants and shops close by including high street names and little boutiques and just around the corner from the hotel is the harbour and local tourist information centre. Friday and Saturday evenings the main streets can become busy with young people because of the local pubs and clubs in the area, however the excellent double glazing in the hotel means the noise is blocked out and in my case I heard nothing from the 100 or so people who were lining the street to gain entry into a nearby club when I walked home to the hotel late on Saturday evening (this was 12am) so please don’t let this put you off. The hotel location is absolutely perfect for exploring Guernsey and the staff working there are a credit to the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank FreedomButterfly

Reviewed March 3, 2010

We stayed at Moores for a special occasion which was made even nicer by the wonderful welcome,attention to detail , lovely room and great food. The staff were extremly helpful and friendly in all areas - reception,bar and resturant. Nothing seemed to much of a problem which seems unusual in these days. comfortable and spotlessly All in all a great stay!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pandjChannelIslands
Reviewed February 19, 2010

Stayed overnight following a lengthy journey from the UK, en-route to another of the Channel Islands. Top floor room on the front of the hotel could possibly have been noisy but we had no problems with it! Staff were very friendly and attentive, in particular two reception staff who sorted out a serious problem for us with incredible efficiency and no fuss. Table d'hote dinner was spot on, as was breakfast the following morning.The Conservatory Restaurant is a delight. Again (although the restaurant was not busy) food and service were superb. We shall be encouraging friends to stay when they are en-route to us later in the year. Thanks to everyone - especially the two young gentlemen who solved our awkward problem. Well done.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sarkanglican
Reviewed February 14, 2010

I have stayed here on a number of occassions. It is very convenient, being in the centre of St Peter Port but is a bit tired and old fashioned. It is clean and tidy with staff perfectly pleasant. Food is average but given central location, it is easy to access other restaurants within walking distance. I wouldn't not stay here again but will try other places next time, even if paying slighly more. NB need to park in public car parks with time limits, if you have a car but that may not be unique to this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank ALTScot
Reviewed October 27, 2009

Spent 3 nights B & B at a special rate. Staff are very friendly. Breakfast was great. Room 304 (at back) was very quiet and had everything we needed. Location is perfect for exploring St Peter Port with lots of places to eat nearby. All bus fares in Guernsey are 60p for any trip, so very easy to get about. We had a relative to take us round the island but the hotel organises a free tour. You might want a hire car but the hotel does not have a carpark so you will need to move it around as parking around the area is time limited (although free).

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chris S
Reviewed September 28, 2009

We have just returned from a long weekend at Moores, and can say we was happily impressed. We do not often stay in chain hotels. However we was very happy with our experience with this Best Western Hotel. We had 2 suites on the top floor which considering what we paid for them were very nice and good value for money. We was looking for a hotel with a central location in St Peter Port and Moores could not be better placed it is at the end of the High street and only a short walk to the sea front. The hotel does not have any car parking however there is a car park about 5 miniutes walk away which you are allowed to use and is free. The only problem was that the car had to be moved before 9.30 every morning except sundays this was a bit of an annoyance but at least it gave me same fresh air every morning.
The food at the hotel was generally very good the breakfast paticulary the full english was first class and there were a number of other options if you do not fancy this every day.
We had one evening meal in the main conservatory restaurant and found it was very good value for money. The other nights we ate out locally as there are a number of good quality restaurants within a few miniutes walk of the hotel. We found the food in St Peter Port very good in particular the seafood
the only problem we had was the noise at night we found that the local area was very noisey at night particulary on the Friday and Saturday night, the sunday and monday nights we stayed were a lot better. we ended up sleeping with the windows closed and leaving the air conditioning on.
If you are looking for a hotel in the centre of St Peter Port then Moores would be hard to beat. We found the staff generally helpful and friendley.
The only thing that spoilt the holiday was Avis Car Hire at the airport. I will not go into this here as it has nothing to do with the hotel however should anyone wish to know my experience they can contact me

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 9, 2009

I have now stayed twice at this hotel and the staff couldn't be better. On my first visit I was not feeling too good and I was "nursed" by the reception staff. Most helpful and made my stay a most pleasant time. Thanks, Hazel.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business