We had a four night stay here and were not disappointed.It is situated right in St Peter Port's main shopping area and close to the harbour and bus terminal so we had everything on our doorstep. We had a twin 2nd floor room looking over the patio area. It was spotlessly clean, light and airy with a spacious en suite. There were tea/coffee/hot choc making facilities and toiletries in the bathroom and decent sized towels.
The dining room staff, especially those we encountered at breakfast were friendly and very efficient. The choice at breakfast was very good, buffet style for cereals, toast and fruit etc and individual order for a cooked breakfast of traditional English, eggs Benedict, smoked haddock and poached egg, kippers, even boiled egg and soldiers or any combination you require!
The dinner menus looked interesting and modern, though we chose to mainly eat out at various local restaurants as we were visiting a friend who lives on the island.
The only down side was noise from the bar/restaurant across the street in the evenings, however when you book a town centre hotel, I don't think you can really expect it to be quiet on a summers evening!
Overall, a great hotel and I would definitely stay again in the future. We found also that we didn't really need a car. The buses are nearby, regular and only cost £1 per journey wherever you want to go on the island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic Stone Mansion, former residence of Lord de Saumarez, located in central part of town near the harbor & 5 mi to airport. The Best Western Moores Central Hotel enjoys an enviable position in the heart of picturesque St. Peter Port, Guernsey's capital, close to the colorful seafront as well as the financial and business centers. You will find the bedrooms, including three suites, all well-appointed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Best Western Moores Central Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western St Peter Port
- St Peter Port Best Western
- Best Western Moores Central Hotel Guernsey/St Peter Port, UK