We stayed for a 5 day break & very much enjoyed the hotel and the very friendly staff. The hotel has been very recently refurbished & the rooms are smart & comfortable. There is no fridge in the room, which we felt should be provided, but if you ask for fresh milk it will be provided - although one staff member did try & charge us £1 for it!
We ate in the Restaurant on our first night - bad move. The restaurant is quite pretentious & doesn't exactly encourage you to relax, but the food definately isn't up to 4* standards. The mix of ingredients was a little bizarre - my turbot arrived with undrained spinnach which made the whole plate watery, & it was sprinkled with diced red peppers & fried vegetable crisps! We sent both puddings back - the peach tart pastry was raw, & my chocolate terrine was stale & tasteless - not what I expected from an expensive meal! We left the restaurant shortly after that - the staff were not exactly apologetic!
The hotel didn't charge us for the puddings but we still ended up paying over £70 for a very poor meal - I wasn't exactly happy about that but the lady on reception told me she was the chefs girlfriend - not exactly impartial although she was very friendly. I didn't feel able to push the matter further with her.
The terrace bar, grounds & pool facilities are very nice & well maintained.
There is a bus stop into town just outside the hotel, & it's easy to get around the island by bus - but the buses do stop running about 7.30pm so eating out means you either eat early or you drive - there are lots of good restaurants in town - we liked Christies.
The hotel gives you lots of tourist info but nothing about good pubs/food - I guess they want you to eat there. There is also a good chinese take-away 100yds to the left of the hotel entrance.
I did suggest that they could have more info available about local events - the staff didn't know about any of the easter events & we stumbled onto those that we found.
The breakfast in bed was good & delivered promptly, & the buffet breakfast & dining room was good - but with some bizarre background music playing - Demis Rousos & Celine Dion!
Overall - good facilities & comfy room - but awkward to get anywhere in the evening without driving, & with a poor & expensive restaurant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- St Pierre Park Hotel, Spa and Golf Resort is dedicated to providing our guests with warm and genuine hospitality. Located in 35 acres of stunning grounds just 1 mile from St Peter Port, it is the one of the most well equipped hotels in Guernsey for business events and conferences. The hotel also offers a variety of dining options, top spa treatments and one of only three golf courses on the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your St. Pierre Park Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel St Pierre Park
- Guernsey Hotel Park Pierre St
- St. Pierre Park Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort Guernsey/St Peter Port, UK