“Second time just as good”

St. Pierre Park Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in St Peter Port
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I stayed here with the principal purpose of studying for my degree finals. They have a lovely relaxation room overlooking the lake, which was the perfect setting for revising. The hotel staff recognised me from my previous stay and looked after me very well.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed March 29, 2013

I stayed for 2 nights to attend recrutiment/interview days on the Island. Very high standard of cleanliness, well appointed room and excellent in room facilities. Could not have asked for anything more to improve the stay- the modern 'pod' style coffee maker and ipod doc were welcome luxuries. Stayed on B&B basis- te breakfast was delicious with loads of choice- all excellent standard. I had room service breakfast on morning (£2.75 suppliment) and it was just as good quality and standard.
Staff members were very welcoming, gave relevant information and arranged taxi cabs and luggage storage for me. Whilst it is a spa hotel (which I would not usually choose) he staff did not badger you to use those facilities and I was able to relax in privacy in the secure knowledge that people would be only too happy to assist me with any queries/ arrangements should I need that service.
Room servce evening meal was lovely and very quick to arrive. I visited just after the strong winds and heavy snow and the grounds were very muddy and had fallen trees so this limited how much I explored- but that is down to nature, not the hotel. If I return to Guernsey I would stay here again without a doubt.

Room Tip: My room overlooked lovely parkland and a little brook- I had a little balcony too
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank LinaYorkshire
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Stayed here with Spennymoor Town FC as we played Guernsey and it proved a real gem. Hotel is very clean and professional, Breakfasts great and so are all of the leisure facilities. Located in a quiet spot out of St Peter Port and it ticked all of the boxes we were looking for. Would definately return to this hotel for a holiday.

Room Tip: All Rooms have been refurbished.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank UK123_10
Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

We where pleasantly surprised running a hotel ourselves we would rate this as a 5 star it is immaculate throughout with pleasant staff the breakfast is the best we have had and we travel s lot the rooms are spacious and fresh bedding and towels daily they have beautiful outdoor areas to relax and lovely walk around their lake the food in the terrace bar was reasonable and some of the best on the island we could not fault anything other than the brown bread on my crab sandwich was stale but the crab was outstanding we would highly recommend this hotel my family are going to visit it truly is beautiful if you read anything less ignore it as ism extremely fussy. Well done all the staff.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank langley32
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Myself, Mum and sister visited the spa on Saturday 2nd March, we visit about 3-4 times a year over the last 5 years. Receptionist were friendly as always. Changing room was fine but needs updating as the wood around the door in the toilet was rotting away. Swimming pool was great, a little cold but that was due to the door being open which we didnt notice until we got out. the jacuzzi was foamy but it always is, but still very relaxing. We always have a relaxing time, but this time during my massage there was a lot of constant noise from outside the room-opposite a storage room. the staff are always generally helpful which is why we come back (and the fact its pretty much the only place we can do so on the island) but it does need a bit of a touch up- the showers/sauna area is much better now. Maybe add slippers to top off the experience.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Loved this hotel from the first sight of it to the room very nice and quite good value for the cost of our 3 night stay, we paid for two nights and the third night was free! The hotel overall was spotless like the rooms and as for the beds, well they were very comfortable, the best I'd say I've slept in. The first night we stayed their were 7 of us that ate in the main restaurant. The food was good a bit pricey and quite small portions. The breakfast was very good, a buffet style and lots of it to choose from. I cannot say anything bad really about the hotel, except the staff, they need lessons on how to smile, very miserable. The barman in the main bar from Liverpool was the only one that I'd say had a laugh with us. Oh and the bar meals are very good too.

Room Tip: We stayed in a garden view room overlooking the gardens and fountain, we had patio doors that opened...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kryponut
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I've noted a couple of reviews concerning the unusual layout of the spa area - especially the location of changing rooms at this hotel. The reason the locker rooms are away from the pool/wet area is that they are also used by people using the Beauty Salon who need to change for treatments such as massage or sun showers. These people & I include myself here do not want to tread through wet floors. Thus the shower area (15-30 seconds walk from the locker room) is used to dry off & don a robe for the return to the locker & your belongings.
This spa is however not without fault & there are many. In recent months I have arrived to find the girls on reception sprawled on the floor painting their toe/finger nails, I have also seen them having mint throwing fights, chatting away in the back room on their mobiles & ignoring clients who are left to help themselves to towel/robes & find their own way around the facility. Cleanliness is a big issue here, or rather the lack of it. The pool frequently has a thick black scum line around it - the last time I complained about it I was told that the cleaner was on holiday!! The sauna, steam & shower areas are only ever cleaned with water, NEVER are these areas disinfected, I dread to think what lies within the 1000's of cracks that pervade the gents steam room ( I can't speak about the ladies area) -these cracks have been present for the last 15 or so years & must contain a veritable farmyard od bacteria. The jacuzzi is often under temperature & the tiles & filter in this are also frequently filthy, the tiles are seldom scrubbed as the black mould on the grout shows.

Toilets in the male area are difficult & sometimes impossible to flush, due to slow filling tanks & often when using them one is presented with the previous users deposit.

The facility lacks a Manager & has done for six months or so now. I believe a beautician is overseeing the running of the facility, but she obviously has no training in the running of a Health Suite.

It's interesting to note that St. Pierre Park NEVER respond to any comments on this site. This to me shows how interested they are in the opinion of their customers/guests. The management here are lazy & have been in their jobs too long, new blood is needed to buck up the staff & introduce new ideas into a now very stale establishment.

Very sad.