“Amazing Birthday!”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Arriving early we were greeted warmly and taken upstairs to our table to a cosy table for two.
The service was delightful and the whole ambiance made it a night to remember.

The food here is something very special and I would not hesitate to encourage all reading this review to visit this restaurant. I am a big fan of soup de poisson and Le Petit Bistro really makes a very special one!

Whatever your tastes are you will be catered for, for example I adore fresh fish whilst dining out and my scallops were cooked to perfection.

There is a vast choice of wine, by the bottle and also served by the glass. We particularly enjoyed the vintage Armagnac at the end of our meal.

I have to commend the chef as I requested île flottante which was not on the menu and it was made for me without any fuss!

All in all a very wonderful birthday. Bravo Le Petit Bistro!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,003)

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I love it at Le Petit Bistro. It has a Frenchness that is wonderful, full of bustling, slightly gruff waiters, lovely smelling and tasting food and a chocolate mousse to die for! The decor is shabby chic and the Ladies loo is worth a visit. The Early Bird menu is great value for money at £12.95 for 3 courses, I have never felt the need to eat from the a la carte though the dishes that have passed me look wonderful. The standard fayre on the early menu are French onion soup, garlic snails and frogs' legs followed by coq au vin, pan fried skate and sirlion steak with Bearnaise sauce and garlic butter, (this comes with the best French fries ever) but other dishes are changed weekly and have some lovely twists on familiar themes. I would also recommend the sister establishmnet next door, Le Petit Cafe, which is open all day for food, drinks and coffee and is a fashionable place to meet.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Would eat here time and time again excellent food and menu. Can't fault it in any way service and staff were very good. Out of the 3 nights we ate in the town this was by far the best.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

My wife who had wanted to take me to Le Petit Bistro for along time, since she came to Guernsey. We went on the 3rd of November. Quite simply it was the worst dinning experience I can remember! The service was slow, the two bottles of very expensive wine we requested were not in stock, the attitude of the staff was off hand and rude and the food was extremly poor all round. Quite simply a massive let down, for a resturant i had heard such good things about.

To cap it all my wife asked to see the manager, who wasnt available at the time of our visit, so she went back to see him at a pre arranged time the following week, only to find he wasnt there. Finally she wrote, a fair and objective review of our experience and to date has not even had a reply. I would not reccomment this resturant to anyone, appaling.

3  Thank peter g
Reviewed December 2, 2012

French quality food and and great atmosphere. Owners and management are enthusiastic and seem to really enjoy their work. Nice adjacent bar.