“Very good management”

Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in St Martins
Leipzig, Germany
“Very good management”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Travel agencies are always looking for perls of scenic beauty among the top hotels of an island. Our intention was to gather detailed information about the amenities and possible undertakings starting from Saints Bay Hotel. We convey many thanks to the manager, Mr. Elsergany, who professionally advised us of possible activities for our clients and elucidated all the options for a future stay. Tennerfest was a special treat that was added to the exquisite impression we got. Thank you!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Andreas B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We have just eaten an excellent meal at this hotel. The food was really good and the service could not have been better. I highly recommend this hotel. We are staying here on holiday and have tried a few of the local restaurants, this one is the best by far.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Stone
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I stayed here for a business a business trip and found the hotel to be very pleasant.

My room was clean and maintained to a good standard - the bed was nice and comfy.

I ate in the bar a couple of times and found the food to be of a very high standard and reasonably priced.

The overall appearance and decor of the hotel is (like others have said) a little bit dated, which is a shame. The exterior and reception could do with a little sprucing up, but the bar and restaurant were fine.

I found the bar and breakfast staff to be very friendly and helpful.

The location of the hotel is excellent if you want to explore the cliff walks around the South of the island - there are some stunning views which are well worth some time to take a look at.

It might be worth getting a map of the area before you get there. The hotel is tucked away down some narrow lanes and my SatNav could not guide me there - my first attempt to find it was exasperating to say the least, with many wrong turns down narrow country lanes!

All in all, a nice little hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 28, 2013

A while ago when daydreaming in the afternoon at Saints Bay Hotel, engrossed in a book upstairs, out of nowhere a guest approached the bar man demanding something to eat - in a rude manner. I was wondering about that man's disrespectful behaviour to the staff of the hotel. To be honest, I thought it deplorable to see a guest attacking someone serving, doing his best. Poor sod, I thought. The more astonished I was, when reading some of these reviews here. I have never experienced any ill manners at Saints Bay before. Let us not forget - politeness should be the rule to anybody - be it staff or guest. My impression was: As you sow so shall you reap.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Aurelia J
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Having booked a three night stay, after a busy Saturday afternoon, we returned to the hotel at 4pm and asked if it was possible to order from the children's menu but were told there was no food available until 6pm (we were later to learn this is normal practice in Guernsey) however, when I asked the manager if she felt it appropriate to not have food available all day for children, her response was simply astonishing and I was told (and I quote) "you cannot be a good parent if you don't feed you child at the designated meal times". Excuse me, we are on holiday, I wasn't aware the hotel dictated what times my daughter (aged 4) ate food!
While I appreciate the majority of Guernsey hotels do not serve food all day, I was left stunned at the reaction I received from the manager who was extremely rude and very 'matter of fact' in her response and when was not even prepared to offer a small sandwich or anything-had this been the case, i would have accepted the situation and put it down to experience. However, I cannot emphasize the attitude and complete lack of regard for me and my family from the person running the establishment; we received the worst customer service Ive ever had in my life. After all, i was paying £145 per night!
As a consequence of our 'debate' we were asked to leave the hotel as she 'did not want people like us in her establishment.' Quite frankly had we known what the hotel was like, even from just a room point of view, we wouldn't have touched it with a barge pole.
Our room was extremely shabby, outdated and in desperate need of modernization and refurbishment, as the pictures show.
Damp on the walls.
Brown substance stained down the walls
Electric plug sockets 'secured' with sticky tape
Mould in the (empty) fridge
Broken radiators
Dirty cloths left in the bathroom
This is definitely a hotel I would certainly NOT recommend and if you do book, you're mad! Suffice to say, my daughter did eventually get her lunch, at the Friquet Hotel, ten minutes down the road, and a little bit cheaper as well!

1 Thank Brett W
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Having booked a three night stay, after a busy Saturday afternoon, we returned to the hotel at 4pm and asked if it was possible to order from the children's menu but were told there was no food available until 6pm (we were later to learn this is normal practice in Guernsey) however, when I asked the manager (who arrived and asked the barman, "who's complaining then?") if she felt it appropriate to not have food available all day (for children,) her response was simply astonishing and I was told (and I quote) "you cannot be a good parent if you don't feed you child at the designated meal times". Excuse me, we are on holiday, I wasn't aware the hotel dictated what times my daughter (aged 4) ate food!
While I appreciate the majority of Guernsey hotels do not serve food all day, I was left stunned at the reaction I received from the manager who was extremely rude and very 'matter of fact' in her response and when was not even prepared to offer a small sandwich or anything. Had this been the case, I would have accepted the situation and put it down to experience. However, I cannot emphasize the attitude and complete lack of regard for me and my family from the person running the establishment; we received the worst customer service Ive ever had in my life. After all, i was paying £145 per night!
Our room was extremely shabby, outdated and in desperate need of modernization and refurbishment,(in keeping with the whole hotel, in general) as the pictures show.
Damp on the walls.
Brown substance stained down the walls
Electric plug sockets 'secured' with sticky tape
Mould in the (empty) fridge
Broken radiators
Dirty cloths left in the bathroom
This is definitely a hotel I would certainly NOT reccommend and if you do book, you're mad! Suffice to say, my daughter did eventually get her lunch, at Le Friquet Hotel, ten minutes down the road, and a little bit cheaper as well!

Reviewed August 10, 2013

On arrival at the hotel we were met by the receptionist who, while being friendly enough, was hardly bending over backwards to offer us a warm welcome and it was the same when we came down for breakfast the following morning. We asked where the dining room was and were just 'pointed' in the right direction. On the plus side, the waiting staff were very helpful and friendly and are a credit to the hotel. Our room (53!) was massively old fashioned, and in keeping with the whole of the hotel, is in desperate need of a complete refurbishment. We paid £144 per night for a twin room (with a small bed for our daughter) and while that is not an extortionate price, I expect the standard to be much better. The bathroom was very dark and dingy (again, very outdated and not particularly clean) and the radiator was broken at the bottom and had a very old dirty cloth stuffed between the pipes and the wall (see pic) while our window did not close fully, therefore the noise of the seagulls and music from the dining room below (which started at 7:30am-presumably to wake everybody to hurry them up for breakfast) was made much greater because we could not completely close the window.
Breakfast overall, was ok. A reasonable amount of choice with fresh juices, toast and full English.
The hotel has an outdoor swimming pool which is well situated and has space around for eating and drinking, although the water did look very murky and could probably do with a clean. The same can be said for the carpets in our room!
There is free wifi available but I had to call reception to be given the password as the is nothing in the room offering such details. The 'guest information' 'pack' has also clearly not been changed in ages as the paper was dirty and slightly screwed up. Perhaps a trivial thing, but still, nevertheless, adds to the general lack of attention to detail and care in the hotel.
All in all, I have to admit to being slightly disappointed with the hotel having paid what I consider a reasonable amount of money per night. It lacks modern day requirements/standard and is in major need of a complete refurbishment. Because of its location, the Hotel management are able to charge above the odds rather than what is really acceptable for a hotel of this standard. I will not be returning.

Also consider these accommodations in or near St Martins
#3 of 6 in Castel
Les Douvres Hotel
Les Douvres Hotel
#4 of 9 in St Martins

Been to Saints Bay Hotel? Share your experiences!