“Great food but need to up their service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of L'Auberge

L'Auberge
Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in St Martins
Cuisines: French, European, British
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Great food but need to up their service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

Fabulous location and excellent food, so why not a rating of 5? Well that was all down to the indifferent service. The waitresses were clearly not locals and they came across as cold, with no real interaction with us as clients. They were certainly not unpleasant, but were lacking in the warmth that I would associate with good customer service. Sadly indicative of where customer service has gone in the last few years across the length and breadth of our islands.

1 Thank TOM-C--LIVERPOOL

Great Torrington, United Kingdom
“excellant location and gorgeous food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

Before our holiday in Guernsey I had scanned trip advisor for possible restaurants and given the reviews, thought l' auberge was a good option. As we were in the area on our first day we thought we would have lunch at l'auberge. However we were to late for lunch so decided to book a table for that evening. We were not disappointed the food was excellant and the service was efficient and the girls were very friendly and they also accomodated our request for a window table so we had lovely views overlooking the sea. With the great location, food and ambience, l'auberge is a great restaurant to visit. One thing I would mention is the location of the restaurant is very obscure, even when you get there the outside does not look much as the restaurant is set down from the carpark. I would gather from this that the restaurant is busy because of word of mouth and what people have commented on. It worked for me!!

2 Thank Kath_2739
Guernsey
“Wedding Venue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014

Amazing venue for my sister's wedding reception last month. The food was delicious and the service was excellent; highly efficient and unobtrusive. Several of our guests were so impressed they returned for dinner the next day. Thanks also to the management who stepped in 3 months before the wedding when the original venue my sister had booked last year let her down. It turned out to be a change very much for the better.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank claire A
Malmesbury, United Kingdom
“Late Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

Having literally jumped off the plane , picked up the hire car and drove to L'Auberge, we got there at 14:03. Although the service finished at 14:00 they seated us and served a lovely chilled glass of SB. The daily menu was varied and good vfm. Unfortunately we just missed out on the lobster and mussels. I had shin of beef, packed with flavour and tender. My partner haf a fantastic mackerel dish. The great position of the restaurant affords pleasant sea views in a garden setting. A very special late lumch, to start our long weekend.

Guernsey
“Great views, good food, efficient but smelly service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

My daughter had come over for Father's Day and my wife and I took her to L'Auberge.

We had not been to L'Auberge for some time but had walked past the previous weekend and remembered how good it can be.

On a beautiful summers evening it was a great start to the evening with spectacular views.

Restaurant was very clean with a pleasant atmosphere.

We were shown straight to our table and the service throughout the evening was efficient if a little blunt but that tends to be the Eastern European way I have found.

Unfortunately our waitress wreaked of stale cigarettes and her breath was also very noticeable due to her obviously just having been outside for a cigarette. This was most off putting for me.

The food was good but not outstanding and the portion size for my daughters lemon tart was ridiculously small for the price.

My wife had the selection of fish cooked in Tempura batter. the Tempura batter was soggy and tasteless and unappetising as a result. She left most of it.

On requesting the bill it was obvious that our waitress had been sneaking another quick cigarette as once again she and her breath stank of cigarettes.

We will probably not be returning.