“Late Lunch”

L'Auberge
Ranked #1 of 15 Restaurants in St Martin
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

Having literally jumped off the plane , picked up the hire car and drove to L'Auberge, we got there at 14:03. Although the service finished at 14:00 they seated us and served a lovely chilled glass of SB. The daily menu was varied and good vfm. Unfortunately we just missed out on the lobster and mussels. I had shin of beef, packed with flavour and tender. My partner haf a fantastic mackerel dish. The great position of the restaurant affords pleasant sea views in a garden setting. A very special late lumch, to start our long weekend.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

My daughter had come over for Father's Day and my wife and I took her to L'Auberge.

We had not been to L'Auberge for some time but had walked past the previous weekend and remembered how good it can be.

On a beautiful summers evening it was a great start to the evening with spectacular views.

Restaurant was very clean with a pleasant atmosphere.

We were shown straight to our table and the service throughout the evening was efficient if a little blunt but that tends to be the Eastern European way I have found.

Unfortunately our waitress wreaked of stale cigarettes and her breath was also very noticeable due to her obviously just having been outside for a cigarette. This was most off putting for me.

The food was good but not outstanding and the portion size for my daughters lemon tart was ridiculously small for the price.

My wife had the selection of fish cooked in Tempura batter. the Tempura batter was soggy and tasteless and unappetising as a result. She left most of it.

On requesting the bill it was obvious that our waitress had been sneaking another quick cigarette as once again she and her breath stank of cigarettes.

We will probably not be returning.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

We have been to this restaurant many times, summer and winter. We have never been disappointed in their service or food. It's not the cheapest place around but the food is interesting with different flavours and textures used in each dish, creating a most enjoyable dining experience. We were last here in June 2014 and sat out in the garden, basking in the glorious sunshine with a chilled glass of wine and great food. The views over the harbour were stunning! A real treat. We do advise booking in advance! I savoured today, delicious Calamari with Chorizo for starters and an amazing chicken dish to follow. my fellow diners tucked into seafood and lobster! If you want a great restaurant with superb views, this is one of our favourites in Guernsey.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

Just go here, don't think about it. Stunning views, excellent service, lovely food. Great value.
10 min drive from St Peter port. We thought much better than restaurants we tried in town.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

It some time since I have written a review re L'auberge but I/we have visited on a number of occasions over the past few years and we always seem to walk away thinking "why go anywhere else?". It's not just the food (excellent as it is) but the combination of food, wine list, premises, situation, view & service which make it the best on the Island.

Brilliant!