“wonderfull”

Ranked #3 of 16 Restaurants in St Martin
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Reviewed June 26, 2013

was walking out and about ,came across this lovely place to eat.felt hungry so stopped off for abit of lunch and a pint.
very enjoyable and satisfied on all accounts.
I would 100% go for seconds some day.
loved it.service,food the view all top class.
thank you to all at the auberge.

1  Thank shakey_13

Reviewed June 23, 2013

L'Auberge was easy walking distance from my hotel so I met some friends there for a Saturday night dinner. Its location is excellent with lovely views, and its menu broad and imaginative. As well as the main menu there is a steak menu, and my friends ordered from that. I had the fish main course, which was outstanding.
So what could be better? To be fair we arrived at a busy time on a Saturday evening, but the service was inordinately long - it felt like the best part of an hour. Also four out of five of the steaks ordered were cooked one stage further than requested - maybe they need to set expectations better?
Notwithstanding these gripes I would heartily recommend L'Auberge as a great place to have a meal out in Guernsey.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Outdoor dining. Turned up on Fathers Day with no Father but fitted us in. Sat looking across the harbour eating gorgeous food, drinking fine wine and in heaven. Thank you. The sort of holiday accidental find you will always remember, although I am certain it's a well known venue with the Guernsey.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

We had dinner with our friends last week and not one of us enjoyed the food. Lamb presented in 2 thick lumps in a bowl, therefore impossible to cut, and scallops in a tempura batter which was neither brown nor crispy, but pale and flabby. We of course paid a high price for the food, although most of it was inedible. When I commented on the great lumps of badly-cooked meat, which I took home for my dog, the waiter merely sneered and shrugged. We will never go there again, despite the perfect view. What a waste of a glorious spot.

3  Thank Rosalind S
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Great views, happy service, nice choice of wines, good value lunch menu. Local food cooked well. Out on a limb in Auberge but a worthwhile cliff top walk (2 hours) from our hotel.

1  Thank MarkFish1008