“poor”

Ranked #1 of 15 Restaurants in St Martin
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Reviewed November 4, 2012

This is meant to be a 'good' restaurant. The food was poor, and the staff were not very welcoming or efficient. Yet high prices are charged, presumably because of its location, not its quality of food. The starter was fine, I had fish and chips, which were acceptable, but nothing special, my partner had steak, the worst he says he has ever had, tough and sinewy all the way through, We didnt bother with dessert!

1  Thank Jayne H
There are newer reviews for L'Auberge

Reviewed November 2, 2012

We read the ta reviews and was really looking forward to our meal whilst on holiday. The starters were amazing. Then our mains arrived . My partner had fish and chips, he said it was ok but he'd had better from a chip shop. The batter was very thick. My steak, for which we'd paid a supplement, was awful. It was so tough it was difficult to cut. It turned out to be nothing more than gristle. Totally inedible.The worst food on the whole holiday. There was a family there with rowdy children too, nobody said anything to these children even after they had almost knocked a tray of drinks out of the waitresses hand.

1  Thank keepitspecial
Reviewed November 1, 2012

My husband and I were holidaying in Guernsey and really fancied some fresh mussels for lunch, we went to The Auberge, which is a short drive out of St Peters Port, and they didn't have them on the menu apart from in a mixed seafood dish. The manager was very friendly and after finding out what we were after went to check with the chef to see if they could accommodate us, luckily for us they could. My husband started with some lovely fresh oysters and i had the crab rolled in lettuce leaves, i would recommend it :) We both then had moules mariniere with hot salty french fries, it was delicious and I would love to go back for another dish of them. The only downside was the waitress forgot our drinks but the views over Guernsey and the food more than made up for this.

1  Thank The-Lowthers
Reviewed November 1, 2012

If you enjoy fresh produce, cooked imaginatively and served attractively, you'll enjoy eating here. The restaurant's modern interior is uncluttered and attractive, and at night the lights across the water make a fantastic backdrop. Just one small thing - if some of the waiting staff concentrated a bit less on speed and a bit more on smiling and connecting with the customer, that would make a great restaurant even better.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

It is down a little road and the carpark is a bit of a challenge but oh so worth the visit! The room is lovely and in daylight it has a lovely view. The food was fantastic served with panache and flair!
I would recommend the trip out - it is definately worth it!