All reviews garden room putting green the bus nothing is too much trouble chef miguel poolside room irish couple relaxing holiday breakfast and evening meal lovely hotel stayed for two weeks half price home from home room was spotless chose half board thoroughly enjoyed our stay great hosts
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We stayed at Sunnydene again this August (2013) and had a super time. We have stayed at the hotel for many years and Betty and Tony are such wonderful people who make you very welcome and their hospitality is to a very high standard. Nothing is too much trouble for them. The rooms are very comfortable and clean and the meals are excellent with a varied choice of menu for both breakfast and evening dinner. We will return.
Keith & Margaret
Batley, West Yorkshire

Room Tip: All rooms are good with the 'Garden Rooms' being alongside the pool
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank keith w
Reviewed August 14, 2013

my wife and I together with my brother in law ,sister in law and friends enjoyed a fantastic ten day holiday in this lovely hotel in late July 2013.We are still dieting to lose the extra pounds we put on due to the really lovely meals we ate during our stay. From the full English breakfast or poached egg on Haddock, ( plus lots of other choices ) to the wonderful three course evening meals where the menu catered for all tastes and was very varied and delicious , we couldn't find fault. it was all expertly cooked and served speedily and always hot. The hosts Betty and Tony are two of the nicest people you could wish to meet and nothing is to much trouble for them. The hotel is spotlessly clean, with great gardens, a pool, ample our door seating and even an 18 hole putting green, by the way my lowest score was 45 strokes, so there's a challenge for you. The hotel is conveniently place, and the bus stops directly opposite. One slight down side of the island this year is that the bus company has changed and fares have doubled from £1 to £2, but do what we did and purchase on the bus a weekly travel pass for £18 and you will save a small fortune. This was our second visit to this hotel and undoubtedly we will return. Malcolm and Gill', Northampton. England.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stayed for two weeks at Sunnydene and wish it could have been longer. Tony and Betty were very friendly hosts who could not do enough to make sure that we were comfortable. Our room, in the front of the hotel, was very clean and comfortable, and the dinner menu was excellent and changed every day. Our only problem was the choice of "seasonal vegetables" which remained the same every day. The gardens were beautifully kept and it would have been a pleasure to spend some time relaxing in them if our weather had been better. We had a great time and would not hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brenda B
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Our 3rd stay at the Sunnydene and we went with 2 other couples, family and friends. Warm welcome from both Betty and Tony for whom nothing is to much trouble. They even remembered that we prefer blankets instead of a duvet from our trip last year. Always ready to do anything they can to make our stay enkoyable. We look forward to returning next year.

Room Tip: Rooms upstairs can be difficult for those with walking problems as there is no lift.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My friend and I went to Sunnydene for a week, we had a lovely time. Our rooms were excellent, clean and well serviced daily. Toiletries were provided in the bathroom.. The hotel is run by the owners, Tony and Betty, who set very high standards of service and cleanliness. The menu for breakfast was wonderful and also for dinner where they were changed each day, and there was plenty to choose from. They have a very good chef, the food was lovely. Always arrived hot and presented well.
The only thing I was disappointed with was the cold water in the pool. It looked very attractive, but I put my toe in and it was freezing. I had hope to go in, but couldn't brave it!!
We were so lucky to have beautiful weather for our week
I hope to go again sometime in the next year. I certainly recommend it.

Room Tip: I had a single room, no 4, on the first floor, overlooking the car park, which was OK as I wasn't sitting and looking out of the window! There wasn't a fitness centre. Location is a bit further from the sea than I expected. Buses stop outside the hotel, but the service was very erratic, Everyone we spoke to was complaining about the buses, as the company changed earlier this year.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends