All reviews garden room putting green the bus nothing is too much trouble chef miguel poolside room irish couple relaxing holiday stayed for two weeks breakfast and evening meal half price lovely hotel home from home room was spotless chose half board thoroughly enjoyed our stay great hosts
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stayed for two weeks at Sunnydene and wish it could have been longer. Tony and Betty were very friendly hosts who could not do enough to make sure that we were comfortable. Our room, in the front of the hotel, was very clean and comfortable, and the dinner menu was excellent and changed every day. Our only problem was the choice of "seasonal vegetables" which remained the same every day. The gardens were beautifully kept and it would have been a pleasure to spend some time relaxing in them if our weather had been better. We had a great time and would not hesitate to stay again.

1  Thank Brenda B
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Our 3rd stay at the Sunnydene and we went with 2 other couples, family and friends. Warm welcome from both Betty and Tony for whom nothing is to much trouble. They even remembered that we prefer blankets instead of a duvet from our trip last year. Always ready to do anything they can to make our stay enkoyable. We look forward to returning next year.

Room Tip: Rooms upstairs can be difficult for those with walking problems as there is no lift.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My friend and I went to Sunnydene for a week, we had a lovely time. Our rooms were excellent, clean and well serviced daily. Toiletries were provided in the bathroom.. The hotel is run by the owners, Tony and Betty, who set very high standards of service and cleanliness. The menu for breakfast was wonderful and also for dinner where they were changed each day, and there was plenty to choose from. They have a very good chef, the food was lovely. Always arrived hot and presented well.
The only thing I was disappointed with was the cold water in the pool. It looked very attractive, but I put my toe in and it was freezing. I had hope to go in, but couldn't brave it!!
We were so lucky to have beautiful weather for our week
I hope to go again sometime in the next year. I certainly recommend it.

Room Tip: I had a single room, no 4, on the first floor, overlooking the car park, which was OK as I wasn't sitting and looking out of the window! There wasn't a fitness centre. Location is a bit further from the sea than I expected. Buses stop outside the hotel, but the service was very erratic, Everyone we spoke to was complaining about the buses, as the company changed earlier this year.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Joanne186284
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Our first stay at Sunnydene for 5 nights was wonderfully relaxing and peaceful. The hosts were so attentive and the hotel was immaculate. We paid slightly more for a garden view, ground floor room at the back and it was roomy, clean and warm (the weather not being very warm). We had a twin with large, comfy beds and I have never slept in a quieter place.
We had booked B & B but decided to have all our evening meals in the Sunnydene and enjoyed the excellent food throughout the week. If you book half-board in advance you can save on the daily set menu price.
The hosts were welcoming from the start and because we were early and our room hadn't been cleaned, Betty provided a complimentary coffee and biscuits in the lounge while we waited. Nothing was too much trouble and Betty ensured that rooms were maintained to the highest standard.
A bus to town stopped outside and other buses ran along the main road from the airport, 10 minutes walk away.

Room Tip: Garden rooms are ground floor and extremely quiet.
3  Thank kenandnetty
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We have just returned from our second stay at Sunnydene and it was just as good as we remembered. Betty and Tony are excellent hosts and nothing is too much trouble for them. They make you feel very welcome. The food is better than a five star hotel and we really think Sunnydene is underrated as a 3 star hotel. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and are returning again in September.

Room Tip: Pay the extra and have a Garden room.
1  Thank Derrick B