“Dinner”
Review of Tennessee Barbeque

Tennessee Barbeque
Ranked #1 of 25 Restaurants in Livingston
Cuisines: American
Description: We are a small town, family owned restaurant. We can seat 60 people inside. We have a two small private rooms. One will seat 12 and the other seats 20. We have a small outside patio that will seat 15. Our menu is of course smoked meats. Pulled pork, pulled turkey, beef brisket and chicken halves are offered certain days each week. We have smoked meats fresh each day. We also feature a grilled hamburger and hand patted hamburger steak as well as chicken tenders. We hand bread our own fried pickles and make a huge pork nacho. We make our own potato salad, cole slaw and baked beans. Our deserts are homemade each day. Our Banana Pudding is a must try!
Reviewed July 26, 2014

The food and service was great. The prices were very great and I enjoyed the dinning experience. Tennessee is not known for good Bar-b-q but this breaks the rule.

Maura M, Owner at Tennessee Barbeque, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

Thank you! We are so glad that you enjoyed your food. We hope that you will come back and visit us again!

There are newer reviews for Tennessee Barbeque

Reviewed June 30, 2014

We moved to this area a year ago... and were a little concerned about the limited selection of restaurants here. We have eaten our way across the US and a good portion of the rest of the world... and we tend to have high standards. So it was with some trepidation that we strolled into Tennessee BBQ, wondering just how good the food would be (and we've eaten some darn good BBQ!) - well, we were so pleasantly surprised - the ribs are just great, juicy and just seasoned right, and a mix of the sweet and spicy sauces on the table is a nice compliment if you need more sauce, and the sides are very well done (I confess I loove the sweet potato fries and the fried green tomatoes, and the cole slaw....) We hear the hamburgers are great, too, but so far, I can't stop myself from ordering the ribs! They're a great value, too. Since we live in the area, we often call in our order, pick it up, and bring it home to enjoy with a beer (the restaurant doesn't serve beer or wine). The staff are great and friendly, as well!

Maura M, Owner at Tennessee Barbeque, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2014

Thank you so very much for your kind words! We are so glad that you enjoy our food! Please keep coming and if we can make your experience more enjoyable let us know!! Thanks again!

Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

We were passing through Livingston on a family road trip and stopped here for a late dinner. The food was excellent, but what really makes this place great is the atmosphere. Its clean, well-decorated, and the staff are so friendly. They make you feel right at home. All in all it was a great place to eat and we highly recommend it.

VolFan2014, Owner at Tennessee Barbeque, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

Thank you so much! I hope you will come back and visit and eat with us again!

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Relatively small place with somewhat limited hours. I'm used to bigger places in Memphis & Nashville so this was a step down but the food was OK. Like many places in this part of TN they do not serve any type of alcoholic beverages which is always a negative for me. I have had the pulled pork and it was tasty. Good place for a family dinner.

Maura M, Owner at Tennessee Barbeque, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Thanks for giving our little business a try. We are a small family owned business. We try to serve very fresh high quality food. We take a lot of time in the kitchen to home make and bake as much as possible. I will take it as a compliment that you compare me in any way to Memphis! We are only a town of 4,000. When you are back our way you might try our ribs, or brisket. We do not have the space to serve drinks but try our Fruit tea!! Thank you and come again!

Reviewed March 22, 2014

My wife and I live about 25 miles away and went on a suggestion from a co-worker. We love good BBQ (esp. ribs) and we were honestly a little surprised at how much we liked this restaurant. All of the food was very good, and the ribs had a delicious flavor. Their sides were very good without being outstanding. The homemade banana pudding was the best I've had in many years, and my wife's brownie sundae was delicious. All of the food, while not blow-your-socks-off outstanding, was very, very good, homemade, hot, and plentiful .The service was extremely friendly and attentive- I never had a glass less than 1/2-full and they checked on us often. Great small-town atmosphere in a great small town. While not a high-end restaurant, it was very clean, very good food, excellent service, and very homey and friendly. Added together, this makes our visit to this restaurant put other restaurants to shame. Can't wait to go back.

Maura M, Owner at Tennessee Barbeque, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Thank you so much for your kind comments. I am glad that you enjoyed our ribs. I am so fortunate to have great servers who have been with me for years. You have made me rethink my sides! Maybe I will make some changes! I hope we see you again soon! God Bless!