“Lovely Hotel”

Le Friquet Country Hotel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Castel
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Stayed for 4 nights in this excellent hotel. Food was very good and staff very professional and friendly. Little bit disappointed at the size of the room - looked a lot bigger in pictures online but was clean and comfortable. Bathroom was quite small and basin was located behind the door, which meant banging the door on the basin unless you remembered! Very creaky wardrobe (maybe a touch of WD40?) and we had noise from the room next door which was obviously the utility room for the cleaners (noise from tumble dryer went on for hours one day). On the plus side the breakfast was very good as were the meals. Very busy on our last evening in the restaurant so service was not quite so good but on the whole a very pleasant experience.

Room Tip: Room 16 is the one next to the utility room
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Paul R, Managing Director at Le Friquet Country Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Dear Carole, thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor and for decribing us as "excellent"! I am really sorry to read you heard noise from the room next door which is used by the Housekeeper in the morning ( never in the evening). I have spoken to her about use of a small domestic Drier which I believe may have been the cause of the noise you refer to and we will not allow this to happen again. I have fixed the wardrobe door as you suggested, thank you!

Reviewed June 27, 2014

found this hotel on Guernsey wanted something special for my seventy birthday we were not disappointed at all with this hotel the service was excellent could not fault anything about it this is the best hotel we have ever stay at of yet, it will hard to find something better

Room Tip: all rooms are comfortable but if you want extra luxury go for a supper king
1  Thank viclizKent

Hi Vicliz, Thank you for choosing us to celebrate your 70th Birthday and for taking the trouble to review us on Trip Advisor. I am really pleased it all went so well and will pass on your comments to my staff.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

We booked this hotel for a short break in Guernsey based on Trip Advisor reports and were not dissapointed. Le Friquet is an easy drive from the airport ( we had a hire car which was well worth having). It is set in very well maintained gardens and has a very good, warm pool !!
The room was fine, not huge, but very clean and comfortable. We ate out once but decided that the hotel's restaurant offered a very good choice of food and wine... It also saved driving !!
All the staff are clearly very well trained and take care to ensure that guests have the best possible experience
I would recommend Le Friquet to any one visiting this lovely island

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Paul R, Managing Director at Le Friquet Country Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2014

Dear Frank and Margaret, thank you for providing such a positive review. It really does matter to us as we understand you have choice of where to stay and Trip Advisor reviews are very useful when making the decision. Hope to see you both soon.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

This was a find! Beautiful elegant hotel with amazing grounds and the loveliest hotel pool. I stayed for two nights and found the team to be charming and helpful. Food was locally sourced and delicious. I look forward to rebooking this hotel. Note. The pool is deep ( perfect for me!) so probably not ideal for kids.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Paul R, Managing Director at Le Friquet Country Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Dear Siouxsie, what a glowing review! As you are a Senior Trip Advisor reviewer staying on a business trip we really do appreciate your comments. Hope to see you here again soon!

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Reception staff arranged ferry, car hire etc, saving me money,and all just slipped into place, the hotel is immaculate as are the grounds , heated pool.the food well would put michelin star restaurants to shame. regulalry heard from others after eating" Faultless "and in fairness that does not give the hard working people here credit. it is faultless this place has just won a gold award and well deserved, chef must like it he has been here 20 yrs!, LOL, little things , it was my wifes big 50, and surprise,so before leaving I asked ift hey could do a cake, no problem, I completely forgot but after meal out it came, made it all special. This is a top class hotel at normal hotel prices and we are looking forward to our next trip. thank you all for a special birthday treat memory it could have not been better

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Paul R, Managing Director at Le Friquet Country Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Not much I can say to add to such a glowing review. I am glad the surprise Birthday treat worked. We wil always strive to go the extra mile and the Gold Award for the Hotel recognises this along with the overall standard of food and accommodation we offer. Thank you for your review and we hope to see you here again soon.

Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with colleagues for just a few nights. The staff were welcoming and the hotel well presented if a little dated.
My room was comfortable. However the shower head was in a slightly awkward position above the seat in a corner bath, making it hard to stand under the flow.
Breakfast and lunch were both good.
Good value for money. A very pleasant and enjoyable stay.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Paul R, Managing Director at Le Friquet Country Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Its always good to recieve positive feedback especially from a senior Trip Advisor contributor with experience of so many other Hotels. Thank you and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed June 14, 2014

Stayed 6 nights at Le Friquet, travelled from Cambridge in February 2014 to attend my brother's 80th birthday. Had a wonderful time, excellent leisurely breakfast, sausages delicious (had two instead of Bacon), staff extremely helpful and always so cheerful. Manager always around asking if everything was satisfactory - of course it was. Was so nice to regulate the heat and air conditioning in my room, very comfortable bed and beautiful roomy bathroom. I invited all the family for a carvery meal which was excellent, as they live quite near Le Friquet they had dined at the hotel on many occasions. Will be back in Guernsey at the end of July to attend my niece's wedding, will be staying with my relatives this time but will certainly be booking at least one evening meal during my 2 weeks stay. Thank you so much for making an 83 year old so happy and comfortable.

Room Tip: The location was ideal for me as it was 5 minutes drive from my brother's house, could not stay...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank solitaire1931
Paul R, Managing Director at Le Friquet Country Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2014

Two sauages!! Many thanks for your kind review, its great to receive such glowing feedback and we look forward to your return visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Castel
La Barbarie Hotel
Cobo Bay Hotel
Cobo Bay Hotel
#3 of 6 in Castel
The Old Government House Hotel & Spa

Been to Le Friquet Country Hotel? Share your experiences!