“An experience that needs to be experienced”

Le Friquet Country Hotel
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Castel
Southampton, United Kingdom
“An experience that needs to be experienced”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Le friquet hotel is in a quiet area of Guernsey. You are met by very warm reception staff who are exceedingly helpful. All rooms have all your needs met, coffee making facilites, en-suite bathroom with bath robes, beautiful decor and satellite tv. We stayed in the conservatory suite for our New Year break and were met by champagne and chocolates.
The food was of an exceptional standard accompanied by the very attentive and hard working staff who had obviously been trained to the highest of standards.
It was our 4th visit at all times of the year and definitely will not be our last because the staff treat first timers and seasoned visitors all as long lost friends.

1 Thank johnbear3

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Kent
Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

This was our second stay, last year for New Year, and this year we booked a Winter Warmer 4 night break from the 2nd. I selected one of the newly refurbished Superior rooms. Lots of space and really nice little touches like nice lamps, toiletries, that were lovely, bath robes, oh and did I mention the half bottle of champagne! It was lovely to recognised by the staff from our last visit, and it was nice to see that staff stay at the hotel. We had the seafood dinner, and it was truely amazing, beautifully prepared and presented. The hotel has a lovely cosy atmosphere, the lounge is chintzy and a nice quiet spot to sit and read. The only thing missing would be a roaring log fire, but you can't have everything! A huge thank you to James, Sunny and Sebbe, and the girls who looked father us in reception nd the restaurant. Looking forward to seeing you again, soon! Before I left I asked to see some of the Standard rooms aswell, they had also been revamped and were just as lovely - well done!

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Crisj
Andover UK
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We first visited the excellent Falcon Carvery restaurant at Le Friquet in the Spring of 2012 and were so impressed then at the high standards that we decided to spend our first family free Christmas at the hotel. And what a good decision and an excellent treat it was - friendly greeting on arrival Christmas Eve; champagne and chocolates in our lovely room; mulled wine and canapes; fantastic celebration meals served by truly helpful and caring staff; presents on our table Christmas day - I believe Paul and his staff had thought of absolutely everything. Le Friquet met and excelled all our expectations and I can't recommend it highly enough. Give it a try - you won't be disappointed.

1 Thank JJAndover
Rowlands Castle, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 29, 2012

A first class hotel with plenty of character and attractive gardens. The staff form and display an excellent team spirit and work very hard to ensure guests enjoy their stay. Food delicious and a good selection of fine wines and local beers.

Rochester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We had a most enjoyable stay at the Le Friquet hotel.
The staff were extremely friendly and helpful,and the food was excellent.
The hotel is in the centre of the island surrounded by a beautiful garden.
We would happily go back again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Rudgwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 14, 2012

This is the third time we've stayed here an find it excellent. The apartment in well equipped and comfortable. Ideal location for getting round the whole island. Guernsey is our favourite destination.

Room Tip: Apartments great, food great, location easy to get to everything, so great to.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
SE London
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I have just returned from a 5 night stay at Le Friquet which was very enjoyable. The hotel is very comfortable, my room and ensuite both immaculately kept. I ate in the restaurant each evening and found the food delicious with plenty of choice. All the staff I came into contact with were friendly, helpful and efficient. On the day I checked out fog was causing problems at the airport and the receptionist offered to hold my room in case I had to delay my flight out which was very considerate. You do need to bear in mind that the hotel is a little out of the way so unless you drive or like me love walking, it could be a bit remote. For me it was the ideal "away from it all" break that I needed in lovely surroundings. I would thoroughly recommend this hotel and the only negative I could find was the weather.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castel
Best Western Hotel De Havelet
St. Pierre Park Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort
The Duke of Richmond Hotel
The Duke of Richmond Hotel
#3 of 19 in St Peter Port

Been to Le Friquet Country Hotel? Share your experiences!