Cobo Bay Hotel
$168
$135
Great 4.5/5
Wayside Cheer Hotel(Castel)(Great Value!)
$128
$172
Orbitz.com
Great 4.5/5
Driftwood Inn Hotel(Saint Saviour)(Great Value!)
$90
$76
Hotels.com
$197
$191
Hotels.com
Very Good 4/5
The Farmhouse Hotel(Saint Saviour)(Great Value!)
$112
$91
Great 4.5/5
Abbey Court Hotel(St Peter Port)(Great Value!)
$109
$105
Travelocity
$189
$166
Priceline
Great 4.5/5
No availability for your dates from our partners
Very Good 4/5
All reviewssea viewbalcony roomfresh fruitbeach terracesister hotelstunning sunsetsstar hotelsea frontfantastic hotelst peter portfirst classbus servicestayed for nightstea coffeeshort breakfirst floorfish and chips
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 14, 2011

This was my second visit to Cobo Bay and I remain very impressed with this hotel. This time I managed to have a room with a sea view and it certainly adds to the experience. The service was good in general and excellent in the restaurant. The breakfast offered variety and the evening meals were very good.

The location of the hotel is superb and the room was very attractive with nice touches like mints and fruit.

I really like the fact that I received a detailed email about the customer survey I filled in. I will definitely return.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Warksy
Reviewed June 13, 2011

This hotel is one of the best quality on the island in its field. The superb location on Cobo Bay combined with very comfortable clean and modern rooms and friendly staff contribute to why I would highly recommend this hotel and why I have returned several times.
The rooms have all the amenities you would require, freeview TV, hairdryer, iron, tea and coffee, in room safe etc etc. The bathroom is very modern and spotlessly clean and the bed is extremely comfortable.
The restaurant with sea-views serves excellent food and is good value, anyone looking for a more casual dining experience can pop next door to the Rockmount pub.

My only drawback is that this hotel has no swimming pool, however its sister hotel, The Farmhouse in St Saviours does have one which can be used by the Cobo Bay hotel guests.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We stayed in this hotel for 7 nights and didn't want to leave, had a great time, fantastic sunsets (weather permitting) excellent food, clean, modern and comfortable rooms. We had an amazing sea view and the only trade off being that there is some traffic noise at peak times.
The hotel seems to have been refurbished as everything looks new and well maintained. The staff are very helpful friendly and efficient. we hope to return next year. We used the superb Island bus service to get around during the day and in the end didn't need to rent a car, fantastic for walkers. I almosr dont want to give this hotel a good rating in case it gets too popular and we miss out next time

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We booked to stay here, using Airmiles, for three nights in May. There was no option to book a room with sea view, so as soon as we had booked a normal room, I rang the hotel to ask if we could pay extra and upgrade, but was told no, even months in advance.

The hotel gave us a warm welcome when we arrived, and checking in a few hours early was no problem as the room was ready. The room itself was lovely. Huge bed, robe, slippers, fruit and water, and very clean. Sadly the view was over an air conditioning unit in the courtyard, and there was a metal fire escape outside that staff used as a shortcut during the day. However, we weren't spending many hours in the room during the day so that was okay.

Breakfast was lovely - no faults with the food, however 'full breakfast with no mushrooms please' still got me mushrooms. We didn't eat in the main restaurant, but on one night we did choose to eat in the outside restaurant. The food was wonderful when we eventually got it, but getting someone to take our order was a nightmare - we were given menus, and told the waitress was 'tired and got a sore throat' - and although we tried to order at the drinks bar, and from the various other staff who were milling around and cleaning tables we kept getting told someone would be over soon - the restaurant was not overly busy, but it still took 45 minutes just to place our order, then wait for it to be cooked - not the best service, and even when it arrived, part of my meal was missing.

I will mention the fish and chip shop round the corner, we got take out from there one night, and it was declicious.

The hotel has free wi-fi which was handy, just get a code from reception. There is ample parking behind the hotel, but it does tend to fill up.

We had been over to Herm and I had bought two celebration glasses, and when we got home we realised we hadn't packed them and then realised it was not that we had forgotten them, but room service had removed them thinking they were the hotel bar glasses. I rang the hotel, who were very good and said they would try and find them for us, and the next day I had a phone call saying they had been found, and they would post them to us. They arrived quickly, and well wrapped, but sadly both were cracked by the time they reached us.

The views from the hotel are amazing, the beach is lovely for a walk or stroll, and there is a great bus service by the hotel to take you into St Peter Port. Yes I sound like I have a few moans, but I would certainly suggest staying here, we will stay again, but I will book a sea view room when we book.

Room Tip: Book a long way in advance and book a sea view rom
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Excellent hotel. Room spacious, light and clean. Fresh fruit, water and flowers - all nice touches. The service throughout the hotel was exceptional. The food was to die for! We have never experienced such exquisite food at a 3 star hotel - the fresh seafood was cooked to perfection. We had one evening meal at the pub next door, the food was good but be warned the portions are enormous! Good value for money though. Our room was situated on the lefthand side of the hotel so was quiet and the balcony private - not overlooked. The bed was very comfortable. Cannot praise the Cobo Bay Hotel highly enough. One of our best holidays.
Everything you could possibly want was provided in the room - robe, slippers, toiletries, hairdryer, sewing kit, iron and ironing board and a safe!
The carpark is dusty but does not belong to the hotel - it's enough that free carparking is available.

Room Tip: Lefthand side of hotel best location.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple