“Perfection”
Review of La Roche

La Roche
Ranked #1 of 1 Castel B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 20, 2012

A magical place with the perfect hosts Jane and David who welcome you with kindness and generosity. We stayed in the Rose room with a very comfortable bed and a stunning bathroom with sunken bath. Loved the garden and the pool was the warmest we have ever experienced.David prepared a delicious four course meal for us and the other guests, all delightful people who made the evening special. The breakfast was well cooked by David with lovely touches such as fresh blackberries and strawberries.We can only sum up our stay as Perfection. We will definitely return.

Room Tip: The Rose Room
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed September 9, 2012

As a solo traveller, I couldn't have asked for a more comfortable and friendly home from home. I felt very nurtured throughout my stay and David and Jane are a wonderful hosts - generous with their time and resources and always checking that I had what I needed. David is also a great chef and having previously owned a deli and being a wine supplier, has great quality produce. Jane's experience as a tour guide was also an added bonus. I rarely make recommendations and rarely wish to return to a guesthouse - but this one was such a treat that I hope to visit again soon. I didn't get a chance to experience their 'mini cinema' or making my own jewellery either, but will hope to next time. Thanks for making my mini break very special ... and the dinner we all shared in the conservatory, will remain a wonderful memory too.

Room Tip: The yellow room is not en suite but the loo is next door ... just watch out for the steps down in th...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We spent a wonderful 2 nights at La Roche and will be sure to stay again. It is far and away the best you'll find, with a fantastic location. The owners, Jane and David, are by far the most hospitable, kind and helpful you could ever expect to meet. Nothing is too much trouble, and it made our stay truly exceptional. The quality of the rooms are excellent, with every last detail thought about - from sumptuous towels through to the most comfotable bed I've slept in. Add in a first class breakfast, being picked up from the airport, lifts into town and a superb pool it really is an excellent place to stay....And I'm only starting to scratch the surface of everything La Roche has to offer! Before we left we started to plan our next visit!

Make sure you visit!

Room Tip: Every room is superb.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

Lovely old Georgian styled house with big classic bedrooms and a beautiful breakfast room. The owners, Jane and David, were fantastic. They made sure we had everything we wanted, and even ran us into town when we left it too late for the taxi.

The breakfasts were delicious. Loads of cereals, fresh fruit and a delicious full English - which you'll need if you're cycling up Guernsey's hills.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Albert and Frances Betts had a very enjoyable 5 night break, Jane and David were excellent hosts they made us very welcome . first class accomodadion , very good food, the guest house was lovely and clean and they were very friendly and helpful, we would recomend it to anyone.

Room Tip: the Rose room.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I had a wonderful 2 night stay at La Roche. Jane and David went out of their way to make my stay relaxing and hassle-free. I was met at the ferry terminal at 7am (!) by Jane and David gave me a lift when I could not find a taxi to the cricket ground. My room was beautifully furnished. Breakfast - plentiful, fresh and local. I also had a lovely evening meal of lobster with other guests at La Roche. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and left rejuvenated.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 1, 2012

We stayed at La Roche from 20th July,2012 for 3 nights, Jane and David are such friendly people, very helpful and nothing is a problem, from giving us lifts into town, to booking restaurants, taxis etc etc, felt very relaxed and so at home. We stayed in the Green Room, lovely comfortable bed and great power shower. The guest house is not too far from St Peter Port and easily accessible by local bus. The breakfasts are amazing, you are certainly spoilt for choice, we have stayed in 5 star hotels all over the world and Jane and Davids breakfasts far beat them all. It was my first time back in Guernsey for 30years and my husbands first time, and would like to thank David and Jane for helping me relive my youth by assisting me with their knowledge in finding all my old haunts. We look forward to returning in the not too distant future, thank you so much for a fabulous weekend.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castel
La Barbarie Hotel
#1 of 2 in Saint Saviour
Hotel La Michele
Hotel La Michele
#3 of 8 in St Martin

Been to La Roche? Share your experiences!