“Good Value Hotel”
Review of Hotel De Normandie

Hotel De Normandie
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in St.Saviour
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We Just returned home after a long weekend on Jersey. This hotel is very comfortable and the staff are very friendly and helpful. The breakfasts were excellent. We used the indoor pool each evening and whilst the water temperature was a little cool, we warmed up in the jacuszi.
Represents good value for money.

Room Tip: Would recommend a local restaurant called Moita's (Potugeese/Continental) and a great Chinese in...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Colin D

Reviewed April 29, 2013

just returned from a four day break to this hotel,Great Hotel in an ideal location, Staff Very Helpful ,rooms spotless, beds made daily also fresh towels. excellent selection for breakfast.Excellent value for money.

The bus stops outside, Take the Number 1 to Centre of St Hellier. Main Bus Terminal .We used three day travel passes to go all around the Island ,You can hop on and hop off wherever takes your fancy.Very reliable bus services

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank the travelling man 2210
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Great service at all times from reception, thank you. The hotel was full, and breakfast was a bit chaotic - jose told me I could,nt have a table for 4, but there were lots of 2's next to each other- no vegetarian option. Bar service slow and snappy.
Rooms old but very clean- allow extra time for a shower as the water runs slow! The beds were comfortable and I slept well, tho woken early as there was a fire escape outside my door, loud banging door. Not impressed with the 10am checkout, especially as breakfast was slow, and even then, I had a maid knocking at 9.40.
Pool area tired but our children spent hours in the pool enjoying themselves.
Sounds like I am being negative, but for the price, I was impressed and would stay there again.

Room Tip: See view rooms are available, but lots are noisy due to being road side, or having fireescapes outsi...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank jo h
Hotel de Norman... J, General Manager at Hotel De Normandie, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Dear Jo, Thank you for your review and comments. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and if you do decide to return I can asure you that all our rooms will have undergone renovation which should be completed in the near future. We have also included a vegetarian breakfast option in our new menu.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Stayed at the hotel for 2 nights. The staff are very welcoming and provide a great level of service. The the room was a bit 'tired' but a good size and very functional. The facilities are good with a nice a indoor pool (Sauna was not working). The location is good with town centre being only a short walk.

The hotel provides great value for money and great service.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Chris B
Hotel de Norman... J, Owner at Hotel De Normandie, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your comments and are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We have nearly completed the full refurbishment of all our rooms so we hope if you return you will find our rooms to be satisfactory.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. The reception is excellent and the staff on duty always have a cheerful and bright outlook on the mundane routine questions they must have to field. I being ancient, needed a computer to link with my home computer, and whilst I found great difficulty finding any in St Hellier (go to the library, or better still the airport departure area) the Manageress lent me her laptop, which did the job. This is an old building, but is well kept. Definitely a beach side hotel, and able to put up a large volume of guests, families being predominant. It has a large and clean indoor swimming pool and jacusi, which was well used by the younger guests. The hotel management are well motivated, efficient and keen to be of assistance, always positive, polite and cheerful, and made my stay a good one. Car parking, as I came over with own car, is available on site, but it is the luck of the draw as to whether there is a space available. I had no problem at all. My room (76) was a double room en suite. It was adequate in all respects. The matrass and pillows were very comfortable, and I slept well. The carpets need a good clean, and the net curtains in the bathroom also need changing, but otherwise it had all one needs for a short stay. The en suite bathroom was small but as far as I am concerned, just right for me on my own. I quickly learned the art of making a cup of tea using the equipment supplied..!! (Not used to doing this..!) I ordered an egg sandwich for dinner one night, in the room. The best egg sandwich I have ever had arrived, and well done the galley for the effort put into this great success. The dinning room is very clean and well ordered. You are met by the Maitre'd and shown a table. The self service corn flakes and fruit layout, was adequate. The main course is ordered, and then delivered freshly cooked, to your table. I ordered poached eggs, and to my wonderment they were cooked as the should be, in a vinegar water, just like Union Castle Liners used to do them. The only slight drawback was the rotary toaster. The toast does one rotation , but then needs a second rotation to get it properly toasted. I did not try the evening eating arrangements. The hotel is a short walk, about 20 mins easy walk, from the town centre. The walk is along the sea front, so well worth the effort. Overall, a very pleasant experience, and I would certainly recommend this hotel, as well as stay there, again. Well done the Normandie and thank you all.

Room Tip: Sea facing rooms are available.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank pisces616
Hotel de Norman... J, General Manager at Hotel De Normandie, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review the Hotel de Normandie, we are currently replacing all carpets and upgrading all our room. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and and hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Organised chaos at breakfast under staffed in the bar. A ridiculous set up with the car parking arrangements. One very rude elderly handyman employee. Very grotty swimming pool area. The only good thing about staying at this hotel was discovering the excellent Roseville Bistro around the corner!

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear Crazy Hazey,
We are sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. To address one comment, we advertise free on site LIMITED parking and assist our guests so everyone is able to park. We are sorry you were not happy this arrangement. When I spoke to you regarding this, you told me everything had been fine with the rest of your stay and you had no other complaints.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Just had a long weekend at the Hotel Normandie for a wedding, could not fault the place, staff were extremely helpful, polite and couldn't do enough for us. They even let me check in slightly early due to travelling with my 3year old daughter. Rooms were adequate and very clean, the weather outside was not great and the room was very warm even needed tonopen the window at one point. Breakfast was great with a good choice and the staff were great. Great location for a stroll along the beach and near enough to town centre. I would stay here again without a doubt.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MissXtina74

Dear Tina, thank you for taking the time to review the Hotel de Normandie. We appreciate your comments and are encouraged by your positive feedback which I will pass on to all our staff. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near St.Saviour
1 mi away
#1 of 2 in Grouville
Ommaroo Hotel
Ommaroo Hotel
#18 of 31 in St. Helier

Been to Hotel De Normandie? Share your experiences!