“Perfection”

Ranked #1 of 15 Restaurants in St. Peter
Cuisines: British
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Laid-back beachside dining with top quality produce cooked simply in a superb location on the south coast of Jersey. The only restaurant in the Channel Islands with a Michelin Bib Gourmand for good food and good value for money, listed in The Times 20 best places to eat by the sea 2016.
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We had two delicious dinners here. The service was perfect ,the restaurant is smart and comfortable , we were wellcomed and the staff took the time to wish us goodbye afterwards. We will definitely be returning.

5  Thank Mike T

Reviewed October 11, 2013

We were really looking forward to this meal but the evening was like a jigsaw where all the pieces were there but somehow the finished picture wasn't quite right. I left 80% of the goats cheese tart because the pastry was raw and the filling was really not very nice. When my plate was removed the waitress did not comment and there was no mention of it. I hoped that when it went back into the kitchen that the chef would have looked at it, noted the problem and that someone would have apologised.
It's a shame and I hope that it was a one off.

1  Thank Supergrannieisgreat
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We have visited Jersey many times but this was our first experience of Mark Jordon at the Beach. Lunch there was excellent and memorable as one of the highlights of our Jersey visit at the end of September. Very tasteful decor, warm welcome and really excellent and professional service but not stuffy. After a delicious lobster lunch in the restaurant my friends and I decided to sit on the terrace in the sunshine for our desert - wow, the creme brulee with caramalised pineapple was fantastic. Friends enjoyed the cheeseboard including the best oatcakes we have ever tasted. We look forward to our next visit to Jersey we will definitely be making a booking at Mark Jordan's.

3  Thank Floridot
Reviewed October 7, 2013

From arriving to leaving the whole experience was first class. Special mention should go to the Maitre'd (Andrew?). The choice of food was excellent (no offal in sight!) as is the wine list. I had the duck and my wife had the lamb. Both meals were cooked to perfection. We both had the cheese as a dessert and I was very pleased that thought had been put into the selection and portion size was good. Knowledable and pleasant staff. There was no rush and it was by far the best meal we had on Jersey during our weeks holiday.

We will definately be visiting again!!

5  Thank GLR-Manchester
Reviewed October 4, 2013

The food here is an immensely high standard and each course is a gastronomic joy. The atmosphere is unpretentious, welcoming and comfortable. You feel you can laugh and enjoy a meal with friends and stay right to the end. The service is excellent and the staff are friendly. The lobster bisque is the most beautiful thing that I have eaten! The prices aren't cheap, but for the all-round quality it feels like reasonable value.

3  Thank MrsOmo