“Needs to make up its mind”

Mark Jordan at the Beach
Ranked #1 of 15 Restaurants in St. Peter
Cuisines: British
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Laid-back beachside dining with top quality produce cooked simply in a superb location on the south coast of Jersey. The only restaurant in the Channel Islands with a Michelin Bib Gourmand for good food and good value for money, listed in The Times 20 best places to eat by the sea 2016.
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Needs to make up its mind”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

The restaurant seems unsure whether it is offering a fine dining experience, posh gastropub fare or simple, beach cafe food. Because of this it does nothing exceptionally well, albeit that it doesn't do anything badly either. The emphasis certainly seems to be on the food (which is good) but the slate place mats and huge Denbyware coffee cups drag you back down to earth with a resounding bump.

Nothing special but you have to pay special prices.

1 Thank BadgersBear

“First Time in jersey”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

All I can say is I wish this restaurant was where I live . The food was fantastic and the staff were second to none . Been reading the neagative reviews on here and I am sure these people must have gone to a different restaurant and got their reviews mixed up . Personally I do not bother with reviews when it comes to restaurants as its best to form your own opinion and my opinion on this place is "wow".
Other places need to seriously up their game to compete with Mark Jordan at the Beach

Hope to be back very soon

5 Thank dannyc2013
“Delicious!”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I had a lovely lunch in this restaurant a few weeks ago. I had a really nice time and in fact I did not expect the restaurant to be that good to be perfectly honest. It exceeded my expectations; the menu is great - it is hard to choose because there are many dishes that looked fabulous (in the end I went for a lobster and it was really delicious!). The staff is very friendly and professional, the views are stunning (overlooking St Aubin's beach) and the whole experience was simply great and I will definitely be back soon!

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Mimi S
“Poor Meal”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We were taken here as guests so at the time we didnt complain about the meal, but the main course was appalling. I have to admit the starter and puddings were great, but the main course which purported to be ribe eye steak with the usual trimmings was very poor. The meat was obviously from a poor cut, the yorkshire puddings were like cardboard and the so called vegatables had been cooked for too long. It reminded me of the sort of meal that you might get in a low end pub, ie one that had been cooked previously and re-heated. I am afraid we wont be going there again.

3 Thank Gary C
“Out Of This World!”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

What Can I say, outstanding food, presentation perfection, polite attentive service, lovely atmosphere and view. I will certainly be going back. Simply Fabulous.

Visited September 2013