“Excellent food”

Dining options: Breakfast
Espoo, Finland
“Excellent food”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

After visisiting the Gorey castle, we had lunch here. I had soup and crab sandwich combo and my wife had haggis. We both enjoyed the food very much and recommend those dishes. For children, there was very little to offer and the waitress/owner (?) was not really interested in working on that either. However, all together good local food experience and very authentic.....

• Visited January 2014

Paris, France
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

when we walked into the coffee was okay, enjoyed the wonderful crab, but not like the way he spoke to the cook with a lot of stress.
It was not fair Mrs. Luise was doing with the cook but otherwise everything was fine.

It was very good hope to return soon enjoyed the lunch was wonderful.

Thank you Andy.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank olipopfs m
Clapham, United Kingdom
“Try and sit out side.”
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

One grumpy/distracted waitress eventually took our order, the result was a mundane scone. There was a sign saying that service was not included and nor should it have been as there wasn't any. Though don't get me wrong, the oddness did add some aspect of charm. The view is excellent.

Nailsworth, United Kingdom
“Cream tea”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Worst cream tea we have had. Scones were dry and the cream was whipped suspect it was whipping cream and not double, there was barely enough cream for half a scone. Lemon polenta cake was gritty and did not taste of lemon at all. Tea was weak but plentiful. Very disappointing

1 Thank GillywooOriginals
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Best Crab I've had in Jersey!!”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

This humble little cafe lies at the bottom of Gorey Castle, over looking the quaint little harbour at the east of the Island. My family and I stopped by early one afternoon for a spot of lunch. We were quite hungry after exploring the castle (and it's many many steps) so opted to go to this small, yet very busy cafe. The staff were welcoming and very helpful in rearranging two tables for us upon arrival. The kids had the home-made Lasagne and a jacket potato with cheese and coleslaw- both portions were huge and you could tell from the taste that quality ingredients were used.

I had the crab salad and my husband had the seafood platter and oh my goodness it was beautiful! The crab (picked white meat and some brown meet in the shell) was so beautifully fresh and the portion was very generous- apparently it is caught the previous day and cooked and picked overnight ready for the morning. You can't get any fresher than that!!!! My husbands dish was indeed a platter full of crab, prawn and salmon and was so large that he didn't need dinner in the evening.

As it was a lunch time the cafe was incredibly busy, yet the staffs attention and manners never wavered- even when some of the foreign customers sounded like they were being rude- something I think is a lost-in-translation culture issue. I don't think they appreciated just how busy this small cafe and how stressful the lunch time shift can be when customers are so picky.

All food coming out of the kitchen looked delicious and I will certainly be going back next time I come to Jersey. I highly recommend this place for some local, and tasty, food. Thank you Cafe Louise!