“Try and sit out side.”

Ranked #7 of 15 Restaurants in St. Martin
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

One grumpy/distracted waitress eventually took our order, the result was a mundane scone. There was a sign saying that service was not included and nor should it have been as there wasn't any. Though don't get me wrong, the oddness did add some aspect of charm. The view is excellent.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Worst cream tea we have had. Scones were dry and the cream was whipped suspect it was whipping cream and not double, there was barely enough cream for half a scone. Lemon polenta cake was gritty and did not taste of lemon at all. Tea was weak but plentiful. Very disappointing

1  Thank GillywooOriginals
Reviewed September 11, 2013

This humble little cafe lies at the bottom of Gorey Castle, over looking the quaint little harbour at the east of the Island. My family and I stopped by early one afternoon for a spot of lunch. We were quite hungry after exploring the castle (and it's many many steps) so opted to go to this small, yet very busy cafe. The staff were welcoming and very helpful in rearranging two tables for us upon arrival. The kids had the home-made Lasagne and a jacket potato with cheese and coleslaw- both portions were huge and you could tell from the taste that quality ingredients were used.

I had the crab salad and my husband had the seafood platter and oh my goodness it was beautiful! The crab (picked white meat and some brown meet in the shell) was so beautifully fresh and the portion was very generous- apparently it is caught the previous day and cooked and picked overnight ready for the morning. You can't get any fresher than that!!!! My husbands dish was indeed a platter full of crab, prawn and salmon and was so large that he didn't need dinner in the evening.

As it was a lunch time the cafe was incredibly busy, yet the staffs attention and manners never wavered- even when some of the foreign customers sounded like they were being rude- something I think is a lost-in-translation culture issue. I don't think they appreciated just how busy this small cafe and how stressful the lunch time shift can be when customers are so picky.

All food coming out of the kitchen looked delicious and I will certainly be going back next time I come to Jersey. I highly recommend this place for some local, and tasty, food. Thank you Cafe Louise!

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Went to cafe Louise in Gorey every time we visit and true it's small and simple but this time it was pretty dirty. The tables hadn't been wiped down in between customers and the place was full of flies with no attempt to get rid of them. I know it's difficult in high summer but hello there is such a thing as an insectocuter. Got a dirty glass when I ordered and the cutlery wasn't much better. Will not be going there again.

Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

In a great location at the foot of mont orgueil castle but it doesn't make best use of this on two levels 1) food 2) service.
Apparently it is table service, which it doesn't tell you on the outside. You have to go in to be told in a tone that makes you feel like a naughty schoolboy.
My wife had a teacake which was ok, but I defy anyone to do a bad teacake. My egg mayo sandwich was flavourless and on the cheapest white bread known to mankind !
I asked for a packet of crisps to be told crisps came with the sandwich. No sign of that on the menu, only that they charge extra for salad with it.
I was glad I had the extra as 6 came with it !
Also the manager was telling a young member of staff off in the doorway. Not exactly good HR practice.
So in summary......avoid.