In the "off-season" Jersey's restaurants run a "tennerfest" promotion between the Summer & Xmas to bridge the gap on income. This basically involves those in the promo offering set menus at a more affordable price ( they used to be £10, but overheads & Jersey local tax etc has meant these are usually £15-£17.50 ). Chateau La Chaire is a fabulous "step back in time" classic hotel - only 14 rooms but decor & ambience of somewhere where the guests are guests ( not just income ). From entering the hotel where you are met with a complimentary Port to being asked what time you want your meals , makes you feel you could get used to this!
The food is very well presented & there is an air of relaxed dining , not pushed on the service.
The rooms are very characteristic & ours ( No3 Foxglove ) had a modern jacquizi & bathroom, free wifi complimented by more traditional furniture.
Back to the promo, for 1 nights nights stay, inc 5 course evening meal plus full breakfast the next morning was just £99 - a bargin - though i know this was a "midweek" price & naturally prices will be higher at weekends etc
The staff are very courteous & the only concern is that the people of Jersey ( & those visiting ) think that the town centre hotels ( Radisson,Grand,Royal Yacht etc ) are better places to stay... well okay if you like impersonnal places to stay but why not take a 15min drive to the little cove of Rozel, where it is quiet, friendly & above all else laid-back... lovely
The only blot I had , was the state of the once-famous hillside garden.. it has a lovely micro-climate & with someone employed to bring it back to its former glory it would look lovely.
Overall a fantastic place, excellent food & great staff - don't delay , book a night or two !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Originally built in the 1800’s as a gracious private home, nestled against the cliffs of the wonderful wooded valley of Rozel, the Chateau La Chaire Hotel is now recognised by the major guides as one of the finest small luxury hotels in the British Isles.The hotel offers a range of stylish accommodation, including a spectacular split level suite and many rooms with feature beds such as four posters, private balconies and ensuite spa bathrooms. Luxury Elemis toiletries and soft towelling robes are provided in all rooms together with a host of other extras you would only find in a first class hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Orbitz, Evoline ltd and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Chateau La Chaire reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau La Chaire Hotel St. Martin
- Chateau La Chaire St Helier
- Chateau La Chaire St. Martin, Jersey