“Not too good!!”

Ransoms Tearooms and Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in St. Martin
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Family restaurant and tearoom apart of large garden centre . Great day out to shop and dine , plenty of parking. Serving breakfast , lunch and afternoon tea . Open 7 days a week . Great selection of home made cakes and full A la cart menu .
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I visited today with my husband it was busy, we waited to be seated then was shown to a table by a male waiter then after 10 minutes a female waitress came and asked if we wanted a menu we said yes but I would of thought that when you are getting shown to a table then that's when you are given the menu, anyway we ordered our food which was just sandwiches and a side portions of fries, when we got our food our fries were half cooked and sandwiches overpriced and well I have had better, i had left half of my sanwhiche on my plate then the waitress came over to take our plates but my husband was still eating so I had to say no wont go back i just think its dated and overpriced and not the best of service.

F B, Owner at Ransoms Tearooms and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2013

Dear Customer,
Very sorry to hear about your visit.
We still have waiter service and try our very best to meet greet and seat every one even if it is for a cup of tea or a three course meal we try to get to the door and seat them.
Iam very sorry the waiter didnt get to you in time and give you the menus, straight away. there is clearly no excuse even if very busy.

The sandwhichs are made from our home made bread, as we make everything on the premisies and the sandwiches are quite large, but I will look into the matter further.
We do offer great deals like our EAT FOR A FIVER, that is a choice of a main course for £5.00! served from 4pm to 7pm or set luch £14.95 served through out the week.
Yes you are right we are not a modern self service cafe, but a tearooms that has regulars that have been coming for years, this is an old granit building, and it looks like a tearooms and has waiter service, that serves homemade cakes,home cooked food, homemade breads, and all the old favourite like a proper tradtional tearooms!
But thank you for your comments, it would be lovely if you popped in and make yourself known to us so we can ammed the situation,Call me old fashioned or dated, but i much to prefer deal with matters face to face, far more productive and polite and we can look at the problem staight away, you would have been better off, and we would have been able to address the problem immediatly.
Make the most of our fantastic deals running at the moment, please check the Ransoms web site for all fantstic offers with the garden centre and tearooms and potting shed.Loads of parking,
Hope to see you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Ransoms Tearooms and Restaurant

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Love the cakes at Ransoms.

The restaurant can get busy and noisy so we usually prefer to take-away, but if you do sit in, the waiters are really friendly and helpful.

Amazing array of cakes and for the portion size you get, reasonably priced.

1  Thank TravellingOrange
Reviewed February 6, 2013

This was our first visit , but it will not be our last. We were just going to hve a quick cup of tea but after veiwing the huge range of cakes, we decided to have one of the marvelous meringues and a piece of the 4 tier Victoria sponge. Both cakes were delicious.

Although the tearoom was busy, the staff were attentive and very cheerful.

1  Thank Sela-48
Reviewed January 11, 2013

A lot of people speak highly of Ransoms Tearoom, but from my experience visiting one weekend I was a little disappointed with everything it had to offer. I should give it another chance some other time!

4  Thank Dingo218
F B, Owner at Ransoms Tearooms and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Dear Customer,
I am very sorry that your visist to our tearooms did not live up our good reputation.
We take all customer complaints good or bad very seriously and we will use this to improve our service, and work with.
We would like to be able be given opportunity to prove our good reputation. So please call into the tearooms and make yourself known and to the managment .
We are also doing some great Deals so please come and try ( EAT FOR £5.00!) from 4 to 7 every evening except Sunday, cheaper than cooking at home, serving curry, chilli , pastas,rissotto and much more.
Beautiful Valentines meal deal 4 courses, Monkfish / champagne sorbet/ beef wellington, only £15.95.- Normally £ 32.00 for that menu. Check Ransoms WEB Site.
So please come and try us again! Hopefully we will see you soon.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

We have visited the tearoom for the past four years at least once during our numerous visits to Jersey (3/4 times a year) and cannot really identify with the bulk of these recent critical reviews. OK, the place is busy, especially on a sunny day, the tables inside are perhaps packed tight in some areas but we have never found anything to criticise regarding service, staff or food.
So, it was with trepidation we booked a table for 2 at Sunday lunch just before Christmas this year. At 1pm the place was packed and had a lovely atmosphere. Quick service, friendly staff and the food excellent quality and value. My partner had mussels as a main course and commented on their freshness with no hint of grit. I had roast beef -excellent taste, lovely mixed veg and good value. No complaints about desserts. No shocks regarding price of soft drinks or even after scanning to wine list.
True the place was heaving, full of families with children, aged grandparents and so forth. I thought the staff coped well with their demands judging from those I saw on nearby tables. This place is a good restaurant based at a garden centre with a menu to cater for classic as well as special dishes. It is not Roccos at Claridges. It caters for the clientele you would expect and I think does a good job. At really busy times service may not be instantaneous nor will breakfast if you follow staff in at 9am as they open up.
So, I came away pretty satisfied and happy. I feel sorry for those whose expectations were not met and find it hard to believe some of these criticisms, but on a day that I am sure any basic deficiencies would have been exposed (eg Sunday lunchtime before Christmas) we had no quibbles. I thought it pretty good value for money and have experienced nothing to change my mind about the place.

3  Thank jomodu