“Small and Friendly”
Review of Aromas

Aromas
Ranked #2 of 229 Restaurants in St. Helier
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Visited in May after reading the comments on Trip Adviser. Could not of been more convenient as we were staying at the Grand Hotel and Spa just across the road.

They do an excellent early bird menu and lots of variety.
Very small inside tables quite close. Staff very friendly. I would recommend to book as it is fully booked most nights especially the weekend.
Great atmosphere. superb food. Good menu will re visit when we return to Jersey..

Reviewed July 21, 2013

My husband and I booked a table for 8.00 last night. We arrived in St Helier a bit early so went for a pre dinner drink at the Grand Hotel, walking past Aromas on the way and noticing how busy it was. Bearing in mind a previous review that there had been some delays on busy nights, we came back a bit ahead of our booking, and found the restaurant more than half empty! It would seem that the happy hour had filled the place, and we were among the first of the later diners.
Very warm welcome from the staff, and we could not fault the food - butterfly king prawns (plentiful supply of big ones!) and pâté starters, followed by rib eye steaks, and we shared a warm pear and almond tart served with jersey vanilla ice cream for dessert, with a coffee to follow. All cooked to perfection and beautifully presented, and the pear tart was one of the best desserts I have had. We chose the chef's selection bottle of South African Shiraz to accompany our meal, and at £30 it was over £10 more than any of the other wines on offer, but it was well worth it, and came at perfect temperature.
The total bill came in at under £80 which we considered to be excellent value. You could easily eat here for much less, and I am sure we shall return on our next trip to Jersey.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We really liked Aromas - great menu selection, excellent service, good prices and cosy atmosphere - would definitely go again!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Just when you think things can get no better you walk into a restaurant named Aromas and things do get better. I fully agree with previous reviewers this restaurant is a gem. The staff are friendly and efficient. Chef is happy and smiling which is reflected in such a well cooked menu. The food was so good we dined at Aromas 3 evenings in succession. I can't recall another occasion that I have enjoyed my eating experience as much. Keep up the excellent work Aromas you deserve your number 1 ranking.

2  Thank Kenneth G
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We ate there on the last night of our 10 day break to Jersey. The whole experience was a pleasure the staff were friendly and attentive. The head chef Len was even talking to us from the kitchen while cooking the meals. What made it stand out was the fact that they were flexible to our needs. A new dish was served without shellfish as one of our party how has an allergy to shellfish and get this, when the chef thought that my daughter was not enjoying her starter he sent her a fruit platter set up as a smiley face as an alternative starter without being asked. That's service.

2  Thank Jon M