“Italian gem in Jersey”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 19, 2013

My wife and I visited this restaurant one evening in August whilst staying in St Helier on holiday.What a gem it was. The food was very good,and well prepared .The service was friendly, professional and perfectly timed .We would not hesitate to reccomend it to anyone looking for a really excellent , sensibly priced , Itallian meal in St Helier.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

E
very time we go to Jersey,we call in to this Establishment,each visit the Owner and his staff,know our requirements!!The place is very clean and the service is second to none!!!

Reviewed September 15, 2013

The first thing that struck us about the restaurant was the variety on the menu. Along with the printed menu came a set menu and a pair of chalkboards - one for starters/tapas-style dishes and the other for mains. The wine list was good and spanned a sensible range of prices; we chose a red and a white and both were very enjoyable and not overly pricey.

I'd had lunch at the restaurant a while back and it stuck in my mind as I'd had the seafood risotto which had been probably the biggest lunch I'd ever had! This time round I had spicy beef meatballs (which were *very* spicy indeed, but lovely) and a very meaty skate wing for my main. The saute potatoes were lovely and the side order of mushrooms was big and tasty.

Between the six of us we had a variety of dishes. We ended with a table full of pretty clean plates, the only complaints being that the leek and potato soup wasn't all that tasty and that the chips were rather dry and disappointing (though the latter didn't really matter as we had more than enough of the super saute ones anyway). We didn't really have room for pud but some of us went for coffee and a shot of Grappa.

The service was excellent and friendly; it's clearly a family business and the staff were hugely knowledgable about all the dishes. The place was full to the gunwales and the atmosphere was buzzing.

I'd recommend Vecchia Milano to anyone, and I'll definitely be going back.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Second holiday and revisited the restaurant several times. Love the atmosphere and the very varied menu. I had lobster and my wife had thick skate and the food was nicely priced .The wine is also very reasonably priced. Lovely evenings and will return next year. Luciano and all the team are very approachable and friendly and make it an evening to thoroughly enjoy

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We have been eating there on and off now for so many years luciano and grace are the very best of the best running this restaurant , either for locals and tourists , I normally have chicken cahatorie or my wife fish , the menu is exstensive and varied , so you can either go al a carte or menu of the day of all the restaurant in jersey , vecchia Milano never in my opion they deserve more write ups and reviews from these perfect hosts , you don't feel you have parted with your money , but invited to a family meal Gary and Joanne turner