“2 night weekend winter breakpolite and effiv=”

Radisson Blu Waterfront Hotel, Jersey
Ranked #12 of 31 Hotels in St. Helier
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 20, 2010

Flew to Jersey, #15 bus to town [£1.50 each]. 5 min walk to the hotel. Checked in with no issues, had a std land view room as winter no fussed about a sea view for a supplement! Big smart room with king double, chairs n desk with bband connection, fridge, ice bucket with machine in hallway, str8 glasses and wine glasses [with a bottle opener - go figure thats a first]. Off we trotted to Spar 5 mins away for a selection of wine for the room. Air con more than adequate for heat also. HIre car delivered the following day to reception [Europcar] very efficient
Didnt use the hotel as were out all the time apart from breakfast which was an excellent buffet style choice.
I have stayed in a few hotels in Jersey and this may not be one of the newish Boutique style hotels on the island but then I would rather pay for this than an overinflated price for something thats in a noisier location which this is definetely NOT!
The staff are polile and efficient, ulike most hotels in the island. Go you'l be impressed!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 19, 2010

It’s in a good location but the area is very new, on reclaimed land in the harbour, so it’s a bit of a building site next door, but very close to the centre. The rooms are quite large, the mini bar has to be requested (better than the touch sensitive plates underneath the bottles in the fridge). Good gym, tiny pool. Decent full cooked breakfast. But other food/drinks are overpriced. Helpful staff. Would return.

Reviewed July 18, 2010

Spent a weekend here recently. The hotel is very nicely situated in a waterfront development which is not yet complete and it is very convenient for St Helier. The reception staff were exceptionally welcoming, pleasant and efficient and our room had a lovely view of the marina and bay (just a shame they built the hotel without balconies!). For some reason they put us in a disabled room (we are not disabled as yet!) with a washbasin at knee level, which didn't quite suit me at 6'4" and if I wasn't disabled beforehand I could well have been rendered that way trying to bend over using this washbasin. Also the disabled bathroom was a bit clinical and, although it had all the necessities, I can't say I liked it as it was a bit like what one would find in a hospital. The breakfast buffet was good with a good variety of hot and cold foods to choose from and some very nice breads. The waiter on the outdoor terrace of the Martello bar was very friendly but the same cannot be said for some of the bar staff inside, some of whom were verging on surley and service at the bar was quite needlessly slow at times.
Overall however we enjoyed our stay here - the weather was great and it is a very nice, new fresh, spacious and airy hotel. It is not however cheap and although I would consider it again if I was staying in St Helier, there are other very good hotels to be had on the island within it's price range.

Reviewed July 15, 2010

The hotel is excellent, the rooms large and the bed extremely comfortable. We paid extra for a seaview and it was worth every penny. The views of the marina, bay and castle were amazing. Although our room was above the bar and terrace we did not find the noise very noticeable even with the windows open. The breakfast buffet is second to none as is the Sunday brunch and barbeque.

The staff are extremely helpful and friendly - our only complaint would be that the service in the restaurant was a bit slow at times.

We would certainly return to this hotel.

Reviewed July 9, 2010

My wife and I stayed four nights in June. We booked an upgraded "Business" room in celebration of our joint birthdays. Just as well we didn't anticipate any special "fuss"!
I had notifed the hotel of this celebration and specifically requested a quiet room. We were allocated a room overlooking the marina (lovely view of the Castle) but directly above the noisy outside bar/cafe. One evening there was a private party going on which meant we had to keep the windows closed.
For "Business" the room was very average, exactly the same as every other room in the Hotel. The "luxuries" were a coffee machine (not brewed coffee but a sachet), a turn down service, and a newspaper. There were no biscuits in the room although a small tray of fudge was provided which was not renewed over the length of our stay. The first morning I requested fresh milk for the coffee but that never arrived during our stay. The bathrobes were tatty, and not freshly packed. They looked worn by others so we didn't use them. One day the towels were very small and threadbare so we requested others which arrived promptly. The business centre were a couple of computers in a room next to a wide screen TV! I requested a feedback form to be told it would be sent to mjy email address. I'm still waiting.
The TV didn't work one night and maintenance was excellent, fixing it immediately. A pity the reception staff were not as helpful and the "Business" room was not up to business class standard.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2010

Stayed five nights at this Hotel in early June. Got a really good deal with Fly Jersey, paid for four nights, got an extra night free. When checking in we were pleasantly surprised to find we had been upgraded to seaview rooms. They were really nice, with lovely comfortable beds, great bathroom which was spotless. Just one small complaint, not enough wardrobe space, and no drawers! Everything else was spot on. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. The food in the restaurant and bar were on the whole pretty good if a tad expensive. Our first time to Jersey, but it won't be the last, we loved it.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 4, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for 8 nights recently and had a room overlooking the bay. I would recommend this hotel for excellent customer service. The breakfast selection is also second to none. Everything I asked for was provided, and I can be quite demanding! Previous reviewers have commented on the use of Eastern European service staff, and yes, we were welcomed by a very efficient reception team from overseas, and fed by helpful, polite, and keen restaurant staff, mainly from Romania – no problems with language, attitude, or taking requests. I would employ any of these service staff who helped make my stay enjoyable. The hotel enjoys a prominent position on the sea-front, just a few minutes walk from essential amenities. There was no disturbance whatsoever from traffic (which would be the case if you stayed at some of the other large hotels in St. Helier).

The hotel was probably commissioned to attract business-break travellers, as the gym and pool are compact in design, although it has a sea view and is adequately equipped for an all-round work-out, with a personal trainer on hand for advice.. I didn’t use the health treatment service but made good use of the bar and terrace, and prices were very reasonable, pretty much what I pay in my local. Guest room furnishings were what one would expect from a 4* hotel, perhaps a tad more wardrobe space would be useful for those staying a couple of weeks, but I had a business class room, which would have been designed for fast turnover of short-stay guests. The bathroom was spotless on arrival and remained so, with complimentary toiletries replenished regularly. The only thing you would possibly need to take would be a clock, but the very adequate LCD TV has a wake-up facility. Various activities are laid on during the week, which I participated in and thoroughly enjoyed. The bed was very comfortable and the wi-fi internet connection never dropped once and I was online several times each day.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple