“Lovely hotel in a good location”

Radisson Blu Waterfront Hotel, Jersey
Ranked #11 of 32 Hotels in St. Helier
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 24, 2009

I visited the Radisson SAS Jersey for a 2 night break recently. The hotel is modern, guest rooms are relatively newly furbished with a Plasma screen TV and the beds are very comfortable with big pillows and a wonderful comfy duck down duvet. Would recommend paying the extra for a sea / marina view. The location of this hotel is on the marina overlooking the Elizabeth Castle which if you like history well worth the visit. The best way to reach it is via a short trip across the bay on a water duck (bus with wheels), cost around £10 return incl entrance to castle, you can find these buses 100 yds to the right of the hotel (if you come out of the harbour entrance). The town centre is a 5 min walk. I can recommend Little Italy Italian restaurant to eat on Kensington Place (street next to the Grand Hotel, which is on the esplanade). The only downside is that their is currently allot of building work going on, directly next door to the hotel on a big complex. Once completed this will make this hotel even more attractive, however at the moment cranes are busy at work throughout the day. This did not spoil our break as we were out and about sightseeing, but something I felt I needed to warn people about.

• Stayed: October 2009

Reviewed October 17, 2009

The hotel is located in a great position overlooking the bay and only a 5 minute walk to the centre of St Helier.

The check in process was fast and I was able to get a late checkout due to a late departing flight - its refreshing in that many hotels charge for this privilege!

I stayed in a business class room which was huge! Fantastic bed and flat screen TV. Good range of TV channels (all UK mainstream channels, plus a number of satellite channels and foreign channels).

Good bar and restaurant - as with most hotels, drinks are not cheap - I paid £3.90 for a pint of Guinness. Room service menu is very limited so don't plan on eating in every night unless you happen to like burgers and sandwiches!!

The hotel itself is very new looking and is easily within walking distance of the bus stop if your catching the airport bus (number 15) - you can see the hotel from the road so you'll know when to get off (don't go as far as the Liberation station terminus).

Overall a very good property, probably just let down by lack of room service choice for me.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed October 13, 2009

We stayed for three nights, the third being free. This is a lovely location, walking distance to town and plenty of parking which is a bonus in St. Helier. There is building work taking place on one side of the hotel and the other side looks as though work will start there soon. Having said that we were not disturbed by it, the whole area is being developed and I am sure it will look lovely when completed. Our room was spacious and clean, although the hanging space was very limited and if we had been staying longer would have struggled for room to hang all our clothes, more of a business hotel than for holidays, we had a lovely view over St. Aubins bay. The breakfast was buffet style and good but the staff were not very friendly and only spoke to us to ask if we would like tea or coffee and were slow to clear the table. We didn't have any evening meals, but had drinks in the bar, the bar staff were quite the opposite to the dining room staff, being very polite, friendly and helpful - perhaps they should train the dining room staff!!! Would we stay at this hotel again, yes if the price was right.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2009

My first impression upon check in was not good, the man helping me did not smile once. As soon as I arrived in my room I ordered room service and was told it would be 20 minutes. (Their room service menu is VERY limited, only a few items available.) After 45 minutes went by I started to panic because I had to leave. I called and was told it would be 5 more minutes. After 5 minutes I called back and said I have to go, can you please package it to take with me? I was told no, they can't do that. At this point it had been 1 hour and since I had to leave I told them to please cancel the entire order. Very upsetting.
The next morning we checked out at 0730. I asked if they had any newspapers. The lady at the front desk asked me if I had ORDERED any newspapers. I said umm no, no one asked me at check in if I wanted any, I have to order them? She said I could wait until they had finished sorting everyone in the hotels paper and if there were any left over, I could have one. I said no thank you, I have to leave.
TERRIBLE customer service at this location!! They will not go out of their way to do anything for you, they survive based 100% on their great location. I won't stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank FlyGirlHeather
Reviewed September 24, 2009

The Radisson Blu offers friendly, helpful service in a relaxed, contemporary atmosphere. The rooms are stylish and well equipped with fantastic views of the sea and Elizabeth Castle (if you're staying in the waterside rooms as we were). Great breakfast to set you up for a day exploring the island!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HCheshire
Reviewed September 19, 2009

We stayed for a 4 night break with Jersey travel, and got the fourth night free which made it a reasonable deal. The rooms were comfortable, clean and fairly stylish. We had views over the marina and out to Elizabeth Castle, which was lovely (although we hadn't paid a supplement for a sea view). Having said that rooms at the back have a grim view over the car park and building work, so I would have been less happy with one of those rooms. The hotel is aimed more at the business market, so there isn't much in the way of entertainment /facilities but it was a good location, near to the beach, and a short walk to the shops and bus station.

Breakfast was good, but we didn't eat there apart from that - it looked quite expensive and there are lots of places to eat in the town.

Best trip was to Mont Orgeuil - set above pretty Gorey harbour, it's the castle you usually see in shots of Jersey, you can climb up to the top and the views over the bay are spectacular. Don't bother with the walk to the glass church with the Lalique altar etc - it's an awfully long walk, and nothing to get excited about.

Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Jan_Liverpool
Reviewed September 18, 2009

A medium sized business hotel that has nice views across the bay. Everything was clean & functional. I'd stay there again. Room service was good as well - the food actually tasted great!

Two slightly odd thing about the hotel. There was always a queue for breakfast as they don't have a large dining area but once seated it was a civilised as these things can be.

Its a strange walk into the centre of town across some main roads - the walk is a little bit like being in the US - you feel like you should be in a car.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple