Stayed at the Radisson Blu at The Waterfront in St. Helier Jersey over the August bank holiday weekend. The hotel is well located between the beach (which is very tidal), the marina (nice to look out onto at Breakfast) and town (7 minutes). The car park is just about big enough - allowing for a small amount of illegal parking!
A little concerned on arrival that there was a fun fair next door but good soundproofing in the rooms and sensible closing times meant no issues. In fact it turned out to be a food and music festival that made for some interesting evenings.
We booked a Business Class room, which was on the 4th floor and faced the beach. The room was very spacious and typical of the Radisson Blu 'brand'. The room had all you could ask for including a good size bathroom with bath / shower (with movable shower head), Flat Screen TV (with Sky Sports), air con, safe, iron / ironing board, trouser press, fridge, etc. Hanging space is limited but adequate and draws of a good size. Usual tea and coffee plus a Nespresso. The bed was a good size and comfy but pillows far too soft (for me).
Breakfast was as good as I've had anywhere in this sort of hotel - the choice is all you would expect plus a few extras (like smoke salmon). Had eggs cooked to order each day and once I'd sorted the timing out you could be waiting patiently for your toast (usual hotel toasters were the bread requires three trips through the machine to get any colour) whilst they were being cooked and all would come together quite nicely!!
All of the staff we made contact with were first class and a special mention for Rosie (Trainee) for sorting us out on arrival and wit a couple of questions thereafter.
The Spa was very good with treatment prices similar to that paid at home.
The Martello bar was reasonably priced but not my thing and for me lacked any real atmosphere - even when they had music (which was of a pretty good standard).
So for me - It's a Radisson (those of you who have used them in other places will know what to expect from a big corporate) but in my view better, in as much as it recognises that it is not just a business hotel but a holiday hotel as well. I'd recommend and I'd stay there again.
NB: Didn't eat in the restaurant of an evening as there are so many great places to eat across the island. However we did talk to a few people that had and they said it was very good. Two of the best places we ate at were Banjo and Merchant House - see reviews.
As for places to visit on Island:
- War Tunnels
- Beach for children (St Brelade)
- Beach for space (Gorey/Grouville)
I know the management read the reviews so a couple of things for them - Depending on settings the A/C unit / ventilation can be noisy - it was like sleeping in a wind tunnel on a couple of nights, but equally fine on others. The TV's are not configured correctly for wide screen viewing so large elements of data / text get lost.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relish captivating views at this waterfront hotel in Jersey. Explore unspoilt beaches, magnificent cliffs and picturesque landscapes from this attractive Channel Islands locale. Located directly on the bustling waterfront promenade, this hotel offers Jersey visitors premium accommodation. Enjoy amenities like Free high-speed, wireless Internet as well as the convenience of an in-house health club. Savour a meal alfresco at the Waterfront Restaurant and Terrace, and take advantage of easy access to nearby attractions like Elizabeth Castle. To top it off, this venue's five fully equipped meeting rooms make it the perfect place for mixing business with pleasure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Rezidor, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Radisson Blu Waterfront Hotel, Jersey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Waterfront Hotel, Jersey Hotel St. Helier
- St Helier Radisson
- Radisson St. Helier
- Radisson Blu Waterfront Hotel, Jersey St. Helier