“Highly Recommend It”

Radisson Blu Waterfront Hotel, Jersey
Ranked #12 of 31 Hotels in St. Helier
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 19, 2013

This was our second visit to The Radisson Blu and if anything it was better than the first. No leak in the pool this time. But to be honest because there is so much to do on this beautiful island we never had the time to use it. The breakfast's are amazing - so much to choose from and the views across the Marina whilst you are having breakfast are just idyllic. Rooms are a really good size and even with a pull out bed for our son we still had lots of space. I/we found the hotel staff very helpful. Aside from breakfast we never had any other meals in the hotel as once we left in the morning we didn't return until after we had had our evening meal. Lots of lovely places to eat. We had meals at The Old Smugglers Inn. The Seymour Inn. The Taramind,, to name but a few and they were all lovely.
The Marina is beautiful as night falls and for those who like star-gazing the night skies are amazing. We were lucky enough to see the International Space Station in the nightsky plus a shooting star.
We were very sad to leave. An Amazing Holiday Location....

Room Tip: Probably worth the paying the extra for a Sea View/Marina View.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank blog52
JERZR, Sales & Marketing coordinator at Radisson Blu Waterfront Hotel, Jersey, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Hello and thanks for sharing your positive experiences. We're very proud of our beautiful island and we're so glad you enjoyed your time here. It sounds like you found time to have a culinary adventure around Jersey, plenty of places to choose from, and even found time to dine in our brasserie with views over the marina - fab! :) This August you would have had a brilliant display of the Perseids Meteor shower, well done for spotting the ISA! I hope you and your family made a wish on a shooting star and we look forward to welcoming you back next time. :)

Reviewed August 18, 2013

We decided to take the sea view room for a week as this was great last time. We like the large rooms and airy feel and on hot days the air on is great. The location is great for the sea and marina views and walks plus the aqua park area where you will find cinema, bars and various eateries ....or literally 10min walk into town. The staff are friendly and generally this is a very safe bet for a good stay in a quality 4 star hotel. Look out for the official Radisson deals for 2 or 3 nights as these are good deals. We think the food and menu is improved compared to last summer and we had 2 good evening meals at reasonable prices for a hotel in this class. However, I need to say that for a hotel of this std there are some niggling issues that you cant let go without a mention - in 5 out of 7 breakfasts we had issues getting coffee or tea .... clearly its minor but a basic point. The organisation of table ownership could be improved even at evening dinner ...no one seems to be allocated as your server so you struggle to get service. We waited 30mins for a crepe suzette and had to chase it ..... i would suggest the chef watches Gordon Ramsey on u tube on how to make and serve this dessert as what we got was quite strange and disappointing considering the price.

Room Tip: For a pleasure stay take the sea view ..... It's worth the extra. The beds simply THE BEST I ha...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 186332Phil
Reviewed August 18, 2013

A few weeks ago I had Sunday lunch at Radisson. It was superb. The chef Vincent came out to talk to us. We could not fault the food and presentation at all. Today I went with a friend and was very disappointed. The food wasn't nearly as good. The presentation was noticeably different. Not nearly as nice. Far too much sauce on the prawns. The Yorkshire pudding was horrible and the meat only slightly warm. Thy didn't have profiteroles that was on the menu so had to settle for dry chocolate tart, a scoop of cream or ice cream was 1.50 extra! Vincent? I found out was off! Come back Vincent cos I don't go back til you do!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Patricia R
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Mostly enjoyed our stay here, mainly because we really wanted to relax and spend some quality time together - and we were able to do that here. We normally stay at Golden Sands but couldn't get in this time. At Radisson we got an excellent room with an amazing view of castle and ocean. Very quiet room which is a bonus when staying at a busy hotel. Its very close to everything, bars, restaurants and transport - so suited us well. Bar staff on Friday night could have done with some client service training (mainly the males, one in particular). Girls seem to work very hard but guys seem to have perfected the art of not catching your eye so they don't have to serve you. Don't waste your money on the spa girls, got the worst facial I've ever had. Think the young lady was very keen to get home, paid for 75 minute facial and was out in and out of the place in less than an hour. Should have complained I know - but they were offering 20% off, so figured they made up for that by cutting down on the time. And also put it down to bad management of this team. The hotel lost 2 stars from me because of bar staff and spa girl.

Stayed: August 2013
6  Thank helentlr276
JERZR, Manager at Radisson Blu Waterfront Hotel, Jersey, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Dear helentlr276,

I am very sorry to hear about your experience at Visage Salon, this is not reflective of our normal service, we endeavour to make our clients feel special.

I was out of the Island the weekend that you were at the hotel, but have now spoken to the therapist in question and I can assure you that situation will not happen again.

I thank you for flagging it up as without your comment I would never have known.
If you stay at the hotel again I would like to offer you a complimentary facial with myself. Please contact me on visage@radissonblu.com to book in.

Warm regards,

Anne
Owner of Visage Face & Body Salon

Reviewed August 16, 2013

The location was ideal for the Battle of Flowers and for St Helier.
All the staff were excellent but the housekeeping department was outstanding and cannot be faulted, top class.
Unfortunately we had a sea view room on the first floor right at the end of the hotel. It was opposite a staff entrance and we were disturbed late at night and early in the morning with doors banging. We were also disturbed by the plumbing which came from the adjoining room. The room had very little storage space and the two drawers were open fronted, as were the bedside tables, not sure I like my underwear on public display. Fortunately we were only there for 5 nights so managed to squash our clothes in.
The breakfast buffet was excellent but I was surprised that it was acceptable to allow residents into the dining area bare footed. Children were also allowed to run around a very busy buffet bare footed, not what I would expect from a four star hotel.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are good but avoid the rooms at the end of corridors. e.g. 157
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Ruth L
JERZR, Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Waterfront Hotel, Jersey, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Dear Ruth L,

Thank you for your review and the compliments for the housekeeping team. We’re sorry that you found the room noisy, we try our best to close the doors quietly and we will look into the plumbing in the adjoining room as we weren’t aware that it had been noisy. With the recent great summer weather it seem some guests must have been more relaxed however it’s not our policy to allow guests into the Brasserie without tops or shoes and we’ll remind the staff to keep an eye out for this. We’re glad you still enjoyed the sea view and hope you enjoyed your time in Jersey.

With kind regards,

Lydia Smith
Director of Sales & Marketing

Reviewed August 14, 2013

The menu for Sunday lunch is from the 1970's: prawn cocktail, pate and toast, roast beef, profiteroles etc. If it was beautifully cooked that wouldn't matter but it was pretty poor. We weren't asked how we would like our beef cooked (preferably rare) and we were served well done shoe leather which was tough. Yorkshire pudding was like cardboard! Mustard came in a large squeezy bottle (this is meant to be a 4 star hotel not MacDonalds!) and dessert was profiteroles with a generous squeeze of glutinous chocolate sauce, yuk. There are so many good restaurants in Jersey that it's a real surprise when you get one this bad.
There didn't seem to be a head waiter, the waiters didn't know the dishes and it was obvious that none of them were terribly happy.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank gill63
JERZR, Executive Chef at Radisson Blu Waterfront Hotel, Jersey, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Dear gill63,
Since we have done our 2 for 1 Sunday lunch menu from February this year we have been one of the most popular destinations on the island and a lot of guests have commented on the quality of food and presentation. I'm sorry to hear this wasn't how you found your experience. Our Sunday lunch menu is very much tailored to our guests' requirements, they are classical dishes presented and served traditionally.
In relation to the Yorkshire pudding and the profiteroles, this is not acceptable and certainly not our standard, I have addressed the situation with my team to ensure we do not run out of any food of any sort and if so, we will make fresh. Although I wasn't here myself that day, this shoulnd't make a difference as my team performs to the highest levels when I am on duty or off duty. I hope you will come to try us again before the offer ends at the end of this year to show you how it should be done.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stayed at this lovely hotel for 2nights on the 3rd August to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The hotel staff were friendly from the time we checked in until we left. The room was large and clean and very comfortable with all of the necessary equipment present I.e hair dryer, iron trouser press etc. The view of Elizabeth castle was stunning! We had breakfast included and this really set us up for the day, and the waterside bar is a bonus when the sun is shining. We have already recommended the hotel to friends who have booked for September and I know that they will be just as impressed as we were.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank debbieg3
JERZR, Sales & Marketing Coordinator at Radisson Blu Waterfront Hotel, Jersey, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Hi and thanks for sharing. Firstly warm congratulations on your wedding anniversary and I hope we were able to help create a special and memorable one. We'll pass on your kind comments about our staff and we're delighted you found the room comfortable and everything was to your satisfaction. The views of the marina and Elizabeth Castle are stunning and we're glad you were able to soak up sun as you admired them on our terrace. Thank you for the great recommendation and we look forward to your friends' stay soon and your next visit. :)