I will start with the positives and then move onto the negatives! The hotel is in a beautiful location and the views from our sea-view room were amazing. You can walk out of the back of the hotel straight out onto the mariner. The hotel is very clean and smart, if a little cold in its decor. The room was large and very well equipped with a huge comfortable bed. However, I question if less than two feet of wardrobe space is sufficient for a couple staying six nights. Breakfast was as I would expect from a four star hotel and had a good selection of food. The car park is fairly large and we did not miss a place during our stay but I would worry if the hotel was full. Now come my two major concerns. I found the staff at the hotel to range from indifferent to rude. At best I felt like a commodity to be dealt with and at worst like they were annoyed at having to deal with guests. This is not the type of treatment I have come to expect from a four star hotel. Communication with staff was often difficult and none of them seemed to care if you were happy of not as long as you were dealt with. At one stage when coming down for breakfast we were told to take a seat along with a number of other guests. The dining room was only half full but tables had not been cleared. Then as we waited room numbers were shouted at us across the bar area like you would expect in Argos not a luxury hotel. Throughout my stay I felt completely unwelcomed by the staff. My other concern is the food. My girlfriend seemed to get lucky and had two very nice fish dishes as an evening meal. My first meal was a chicken dish which came with the wrong sauce and I would describe as being barley adequate. On our last night we decided to give the restaurant another try. We ordered from the more expensive set menu expecting better. I ordered beef medallions with fondant potatoes. When the meal came the beef was a mixture of gristle and incredibly tough meat served with a dry and tasteless mound of potato. I have only ever had to send back two meals in my life, but this had to go. The replacement meal when it came was ok but not worth the money. In addition I had no real apology and no one came to check if the new meal was acceptable. On paying for my meal I was asked if everything was ok. I replied yes after the first meal was sent back. The response was the indifferent silence that I had come to expect from the staff at the hotel. I am usually very happy with my stays in four star hotels and have never had to write a negative review before. In summary a beautiful location and good room but there is no way I would ever return and was torn over whether to give three or only two stars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relish captivating views at this waterfront hotel in Jersey. Explore unspoilt beaches, magnificent cliffs and picturesque landscapes from this attractive Channel Islands locale. Located directly on the bustling waterfront promenade, this hotel offers Jersey visitors premium accommodation. Enjoy amenities like Free high-speed, wireless Internet as well as the convenience of an in-house health club. Savour a meal alfresco at the Waterfront Restaurant and Terrace, and take advantage of easy access to nearby attractions like Elizabeth Castle. To top it off, this venue's five fully equipped meeting rooms make it the perfect place for mixing business with pleasure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Rezidor, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Radisson Blu Waterfront Hotel, Jersey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Waterfront Hotel, Jersey Hotel St. Helier
- St Helier Radisson
- Radisson St. Helier
- Radisson Blu Waterfront Hotel, Jersey St. Helier