I booked to stay the Club recently as we enjoyed it so much the year before. I booked it as a surprise to propose to my girlfriend with a dinner reservation in Bohemia. Unfortunately on this occasion the stay wasn’t anywhere near as enjoyable (she did say yes which was the main thing). Whilst the hotel itself is still nice (we had a suite which was lovely), I find it unbelievable that if you book into a hotel & spa that as residents of the hotel you are not allowed to use the spa swimming pool unless it’s early in the morning or after 5pm (particularly at £350 per night). I had planned for us to spend a bit of time in the pool and steam room etc. during the afternoon however we were told by the spa lady that she was too busy doing treatments for us to use the pool and to come back at half 5 instead. we could clearly see on the video monitor (that watches the pool) that there was no one in the pool at all. Just to mention we are in our late 30s so can swim and don’t need a lifeguard or someone watching us for our safety. I mentioned this to hotel reception and was met with total indifference from the 2 young men. We have stayed in a lot of nice spas and this is never a problem or condition.
Upon checkout I was asked how our stay was, and when I mentioned this incident and how it had tainted our stay there was no apology or explanation, and I was merely presented with my £600 bill for 1 night & dinner, in silence. If you are going to ask how my stay went then at least comment when I say it wasn’t up to expectation, or don’t ask in the first place. I have since read all the communication from the hotel in full and there is a mention in the last page of the confirmation letter that the pool is only available after 5pm or in the morning, however this should be made clear *before* booking not once you’ve made your decision & booked the room, made the restaurant reservation etc etc. My letter to the Manager hasn’t been responded to so far (2 weeks). Sadly this tainted our stay and we probably won’t go back. The Grand (where we stayed the next 2 nights) is just up the road and has no such pool \ spa policy, and the staff are far more friendly and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Club Hotel & Spa, Jersey's newest and most exciting luxury boutique property. Since our opening in the summer of 2005 we are delighted to hold an "Inspectors Choice" award from the AA as a Red Star Property. Ideally located alongside our Michelin starred and 4 AA Rosette Bohemia Restaurant in the heart of St Helier and just a stone's throw from the island's breathtaking beaches, this sophisticated townhouse hotel will be the perfect destination whether on business or pleasure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your The Club Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Club Hotel And Spa
- The Club Hotel St. Helier
- The Club Hotel & Spa Jersey/St. Helier