All reviews premier room co op pool area town centre fresh fruit salad excellent hotel car park full english bar menu small hotel coffee table ten minute walk set menu stayed for nights star hotel breakfast was excellent reception staff
Selected filters
Reviewed August 30, 2016 via mobile

Personally I would like to thank the gentleman who is the manager or owner at this hotel. He went above and beyond to look after myself and my baby during our stay here- made us feel very welcome and showed us the baby changing unit, even provided us with nappies too!
Lovely swimming pool and facilities. All staff friendly and helpful.
High standards.
Excellent cleanliness.
A wonderful hotel and we will be returning with more family next year.
Thank you so much to all the staff for your hard work. You are all brilliant!
Rose Atkins

Trip type: Traveled with family
ChrisR23, ChrisR23 at Hampshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2016

Many thanks for your review.

The management and staff are delighted to hear that you were made to feel welcome and have had an enjoyable stay.

We also look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed August 26, 2016 via mobile

Good location, ten minutes easy walk down one road into centre of town. Swimming pool too small to swim in and sunbathing area limited and was packed being peak season though a decent area. Public areas of hotel are fresh clean and well presented with an above average breakfast and very good staff (though a few on reception should learn to smile!). The lift is tiny and very bumpy and slow - in need of a refurb much like the bedrooms. This really lets the hotel down. My "double" was two twin beds of different height pushed together but to be fair it was very comfortable. The pillows though we're dreadful - cheap, artificial and lacking support. The "throw" on the end of the bed was ragged, the room was unbearably hot due to no aircon and tiny windows, the view dreadful and the shower nearly useless. Had to squeeze the last bit of shampoo and gel out of the tiny bottles as they weren't replaced for the second night. The TV was old and tiny for the room size and the bedside lights didn't work and rage headboard fell off into my hands!

Overall a decent hotel let down by out of date rooms.

Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank Gavin123321
ChrisR23, Owner at Hampshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2016

Hi Gavin 123321

Thank you for your review and you positive feedback I would however make some comments re your complaints so as future guests are aware these are your observations and not necessarily a view of other guests.

The hotel lift is small but is perfectly operational it is serviced every 3 months by Kone and 6 monthly by Allianz Insurance due to the structure of the Hotel it is not possible to have a bigger lift and as it only services 30 rooms i believe as do the AA that it is more than adequate.

The Swimming pool measures 15 Metres by 5 Metres in our opinion for a Hotel of only 42 bedrooms this is in fact a good size.

The pillows were only purchased this year and are definitely not cheap. I find it difficult to understand why you did not mention to reception or to any of my team that you found the pillows uncomfortable and also that you could not work your bedside lights, we didn't replace the shampoo in your room, the shower as you said was useless all of these issues could of been dealt with very quickly.

We are this year renewing the furniture in all our standard rooms along with numerous other upgrades.

We are very sorry for the issues you incurred during your stay. I hope that one day we can welcome you back to the Hampshire.

Chris Robin

Reviewed August 24, 2016

A lovely hotel with fantastic staff. Spotlessly clean. The swimming pool was great, with plenty of fresh towels for bathers supplied near the outside area. The food in the restaurant was excellent as was the service. Nice selection of hot breakfast and cereals, fruit etc too. Standard room was fairly basic, but spotless. Our room only had one bedside cabinet, so nowhere to put my morning cup of tea. Large bright bathroom. Small TV with only about 4 stations, but not a problem for us as we were out most of the time, or in the restaurant/pool. The bed was probably the most comfortable hotel bed I have slept in..wonderful. It was about 20 mins stroll into the main area of the town. I would definitely stay here again.

Room tip: Standard room fairly basic but looked recently decorated.
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
ChrisR23, CR at Hampshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2016

Thank you for your review and delighted to hear you were happy with your stay.

We also look forward to welcoming you back

Reviewed August 24, 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for three nights in August. The hotel was very clean, the room size was sufficient for the three of us (2 adults and 10 year old) with the room formation consisting of two single beds and one sofa bed - the sofa bed, I assume was for use by the child but this was rock hard with a solid wooden ridge right under the middle of the back it wasn't fair to let a child sleep on this so I did. I raised my concern the next day but they could only offer an additional quilt to try and pad it out as they were fully booked with no spare mattresses.
The bathroom was modern with powerful shower, towels included, hairdryer was also good. The staff were lovely - especially the guy on the bar and the breakfast was exceptional.
The pool area was perfect for children and adults, I think it was heated too as remained warm when the weather was grim. Pool towels were also provided.
We stayed in room 14 and were woken every night/morning by at least one disturbance, first night there was a function in the dining room directly below our room until gone 10pm (not ideal when you have children) and were woken in the morning by the ambience music for breakfast. Although, this was nothing in comparison to the inconsiderate residents above us... Talking loudly, slamming doors and children running and jumping across the room until mid night and up again at 6am. Again, I raised this (on more than one occasion) but there was little they could do because once the manager had spoken with them, it carried on. It's unfortunate as we had saved all year for a quiet relaxing holiday and we left more tired than when we arrived!! My suggestion, all children/families on the first floor only.

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Brighton626
ChrisR23, Owner at Hampshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2016

Hi Brighton 626

Many thanks for taking the time to submit a review and i was pleased that generally you did enjoy your stay as per our discussion on your last day. I have to say that it is very unusual for us to receive complaints about out sofa beds however I understand that people have likes and dislikes when it comes to beds, in hindsight i wish we had used a put you up bed in the room which im sure would have been more suited but would of taken up extra space.

During our conversion we did discuss the noise from the room above and as I explained we have a lot of children in the hotel especially during August and they are naturally very excited. We try very hard to monitor complaints we receive from guests especially when they are caused by other guests, it would seem not successfully in your case I am very sorry.

We take any negative comments we receive very seriously and i hope you agree we dealt with yours as well as we could.

As said previously I very much look forward to welcoming back to the Hampshire

Chris Robin

Reviewed August 19, 2016

7 day half board .Standard room big bathroom .South facing so got very stuffy .Comfy bed.all staff great nothing too much trouble .More variety at dinner as you can choose from set menu ,bar lunch or bar snack. Query .Where does everybody go after dinner?15mins to centre or no 4 bus.All in all a very good holiday.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

We are delighted that you were happy with your stay and had a good holiday, we look forward to welcoming you back - if and when you return to Jersey