Hampshire Hotel
Pomme d'Or Hotel(St. Helier)
$211
  • Restaurant
Royal Yacht Hotel(St. Helier)
$216
$193
Apollo Hotel(St. Helier)
$151
$146
  • Pool
The Inn Boutique(St. Helier)(Great Value!)
$128
$109
Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa(St. Helier)
$266
$236
$216
Oaklands Lodge Hotel(St. Helier)(Great Value!)
$93
$169
Hotels.com
  • Pool
The Revere Hotel(St. Helier)
$163
$143
  • Pool
The Savoy Jersey(St. Helier)
$192
$168
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
All reviewspremier roomco opexcellent hotellovely bar areatown centrefull englishquiet locationfellow guestsbar menuset menustar hotelten minute walkstayed at this hotel for nightsreception stafflong weekendroom was largefirst class
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Stayed here for 1 week at beginning of April. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. Everywhere was very clean and tidy. There was a wedding reception at the Hotel but the owners made sure we were told and checked the following day that everything was OK. We upgraded to half board when we got there and the food was lovely both at breakfast and dinner.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jane J
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here over Easter weekend. Never been to jersey before and saw this hotel and the reviews on trip advisor. Good choice for us, very clean, friendly helpful staff. The barman was very friendly and helpful recommending a local steak house and real ale pub. Would highly recommend the Hampshire and jersey to anyone wanting a break away. The weather could of been kinder and as it was Easter the main shops etc were closed but definately worth another trip in the summer. Thank you.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank staffssavychic
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We stayed at the Hampshire for our second stay in beautiful Jersey. We ended up staying here due to our original hotel choices being booked up so were given it as an option by our travel agent. Obviously we were a little nervous at booking a 7 night stay at a hotel we hadn’t researched but after staying here, they were a good choice. Staff were helpful, friendly and attentive, especially the staff on the reception desk. The hotel manager was very helpful, helping us with the wifi, and during one morning; he was happy to help break into my suitcase padlock when I’d locked my suitcase key in my suitcase (I was stressed to stay the least!) Thanks again to him. The location was a bit annoying for us (every evening we’d have to walk 15-20mins just to find a restaurant) however they did have convenience stores nearby which was handy. We had a bad experience one night which involved being woken up by rowing (and cursing!) young men from the back of the hotel; again this was probably due to the hotel’s location. Our superior room was clean, nicely decorated and a good size. My boyfriend would’ve liked a bigger TV though! The bed was comfortable and the breakfast menu was good with a variety of choices. We dined in the hotel’s restaurant a couple of times and the food was lovely. They will automatically add your food and drink bill to a tab so if you like to pay as you go (like us) make sure you say you’d rather pay there and then. Overall, we enjoyed our stay at The Hampshire.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank canterbury_chick
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I was booked into the Hampshire by my client and they are regular customers at the Hampshire, but unfortunately my experience is nothing like the other reviews :-( My room was grubby and smelt very musty and the pillows stank. I enclose pictures of the stained carpet, stained seats, stained curtains, the bottom of the bed and, worst of all, stained towels. The only good part of my stay was the breakfast, it was excellent. I stayed in room 28 so I would advise anyone to request to NOT stay in this room. Unfortunate experience as I do know the staff are very helpful and pleasant.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Janie30
ChrisR23, Owner at Hampshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Dear Guest

I have today read your comments re your recent stay at the Hampshire Hotel and as such I felt compelled to reply after I checked the room in question.

Firstly, the bed should have had a valance but due to recent decoration I am afraid it was missed for your arrival. Your comments about the chair and curtains in my opinion are very unfair as there is a very minute mark on the chair and also on the curtain - which is hardly noticeable unless you look very closely. Unfortunately these cannot be removed anymore than they have been already - as we found out when the furnishings went for cleaning while the room was being re-decorated.

Obviously it is impossible for us to investigate the mark on the towel due to the fact that we ship all our laundry to a local contractor which also provides services to some of the 5 star hotels and the local hospitals. I have today advised the contract launderers and sent a copy your picture. I apologise for your dissatisfaction with the hotel however I feel that it would have been more practical if you had mentioned your complaints at the time of check-in or even on departure rather than retroactively on a review site.

However I do thank you for taking the time to point out these issues and thus enabling us to rectify the problems encountered. However I would have preferred the situation to have been resolved at the hotel and then this would have avoided your need to write what I consider to be a very unsavoury review

Chris Robin
Director

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Cannot fault this hotel, we had a superior room and asked for a cot, huge room with a very large cot all ready made up on our arrival. Impeccably clean, bathroom could do with a bit of an update but fully functional and clean.

Staff were all so friendly and helpful, ample parking at rear of hotel. Food was very good, can recommend the restaurant for an evening meal. We had family come to visit us at the hotel for an evening meal and the staff could not have done more to welcome them. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013