All reviews busy roundabout evening entertainment swimming pool ring road town centre the main hotel towels provided single room older generation family room varied menu family holiday main road cleaned every day bar meals small gym buffet style
Selected filters
Reviewed May 5, 2019 via mobile

Lovely hotel food is excellent and good service
Pool area changing rooms a bit sparse nowhere to get changed or lockers
Bar lounge upstairs lounge and dining room very comfortable
Bedrooms are a bit dated but warm and comfortable
Would come again

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 30, 2019 via mobile

Stayed here 5 nights from 26/04/2019 till 01/05/2019,an enjoyable stay with my parents to celebrate turning 50 years old, first night I found the room a little noisy, told management the next morning, they changed my room with a free upgrade to a double no quibble and on my 50th birthday they left a bottle of champagne in my room, a very nice touch. Had breakfast each day a d a couple of evening meals and couldn't fault the food and the service. I would definitely stay here again, a really nice clean well run hotel, many thanks for making my stay so special.

Trip type: Traveled with family
ManagerJersey, Manager at Norfolk Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2019

We are so please that you have reported us to be a well run hotel.

We have been under the same ownership and management for a very long number of years and hold an AA three Star grading due to our standards and facilities. We are a larger hotel for Jersey with 101 bedrooms.

It is wonderful that you really enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed April 13, 2019 via mobile

Lovely stay at this hotel, fantastic staff all round from the cleaning staff to the reception and dining staff. Polite helpful friendly. A big thank you to the member of staff who found my wife’s mobile in the car park. Thank you

Trip type: Traveled with family
ManagerJersey, Manager at Norfolk Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2019

Thank you for your kind and thoughtful review of our popular family owned hotel. Our staff are delighted to have helped you and we are so pleased you liked the standards we maintain at the Norfolk Lodge Hotel. Appreciated.

Reviewed April 8, 2019

The 2 front doors didn't fit well and blew open in the wind, an automatic one would have been an asset for everyone. There were approximately 15 steps up to reception. I understood the big refurbishing had been carried out and the hotel opened on 4th April which was the day I arrived. I was shown to my single room which was small, warm but very dated, tired looking wood chip paper with a high border. The bed was 3 foot wide and very comfy,the bedding was very clean as were the white towels in the bathroom. It would have been good if the TV had been activated before I arrived, I had to go to reception to get someone to do it for me, it seemed to be the same in other rooms too. The TV worked well once it was activated. I agree with a reviewer that the floor boards upstairs creaked a lot. I was in room 3 which was down several stairs, then there were several more stairs down to the restaurant from reception. This was a large airy room but I never felt warm in there, and likewise in the bar area it was cool. I went to the pool which felt warm when going into the area but the water was far from warm, I would have said it was cold and didn't stay in long. The ladies changing room was much in need of a big refurbish to say the least. The shower in there was not warm either. You have to walk outside from reception to get to the pool which wasn't good the day I went because it was pouring with rain. I collected a towel to use from reception which was good. I enjoyed the meals and service was good. The staff were helpful and I found everyone friendly on our singles holiday. Its a lovely island and we had an interesting day trip round the island, although it rained all day, but the following day we had an explorer ticket which I used to go to the Botanical Gardens and Hamptonne which was a Country Life Museum which was fascinating and I would highly recommend a visit. The weather was kind that day and the sun shone all day.

Room tip: My room '3' was down stairs, no view and a bit of nose Not suitable for disabled.
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
ManagerJersey, Manager at Norfolk Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. It is unfortunate that we had very poor and much below average cold windy and wet weather for the early part of your stay, as we opened the hotel, but we are pleased that you saw some sunshine in the end.

Thank you for your lovely comments that you enjoyed the meals and that the service was good. This is appreciated.

The unusual wind direction of the gales did blow at our front entrance doors and we will look to adjust these units. Whilst you were not in a bedroom with a bathroom refurbished this winter, a great many bathrooms have been completely refurbished and work completed on these in the last week or so having commenced last October.

We are a traditional hotel and there is one step to the front door and a further eight to the reception desk itself. An Otis passenger lift is present by the restaurant entry point to provide better access. Please enquire at reception should future guests need this facility as this mitigates the entry to reception step issue you mention.

Finally, we are pleased that you enjoyed your visits on the Island and hope to welcome you back at some future point. You would be most welcome at the Norfolk Lodge Hotel.

Reviewed March 10, 2019

So tranquil, the Annexe building is lovely & the pool and exterior is a pretty as a picture, all staff are excellent too as are The Morvan Family Brothers. I would even rate working for them! Prices are competitive and everything is superbly clean and tidy. Would love to go again

Date of stay: April 2018
1  Thank Catherine R
ManagerJersey, Manager at Norfolk Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2019

Thank you for your wonderful recommendation. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and would stay again. We are part of the Morvan family owned hotels on the Island and have refurbished many hotel bedrooms in recent months, as we do each year on a rolling programme. For your interest, the Norfolk Lodge, in common with all the Morvan Hotels, holds a Gold Investor in People Award along with an AA Three Star Grading. Thank you once again.