Norfolk Lodge Hotel
Pomme d'Or Hotel(St. Helier)
$211
  • Restaurant
Royal Yacht Hotel(St. Helier)
$193
Apollo Hotel(St. Helier)
$146
  • Pool
The Inn Boutique(St. Helier)(Great Value!)
$128
$109
Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa(St. Helier)
$236
$216
Oaklands Lodge Hotel(St. Helier)(Great Value!)
$93
$169
Hotels.com
  • Pool
The Revere Hotel(St. Helier)
$158
$143
  • Pool
The Savoy Jersey(St. Helier)
$192
$168
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsevening entertainmentswimming pooltown centrethe main hoteltowels providedsingle roomfamily roomkippersvaried menufamily holidaythoroughly enjoyed our staymain roadenjoyable staybar pricesgood sizesmall gymfriendly hotel
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Attentive and friendly staff; we were there at an unseasonably cold time and were provided with extra blankets and heating (as the existing heating in the bedroom was not adequate). Bath water was always red hot, however, and the room was quiet, comfy and spacious enough for us.

It is quite a walk to the main shopping area (a 20 minute slow stroll?) - not recommended if you have problems walking any distance.

The food was perfectly adequate; creamy porridge for breakfast and a freshly prepared boiled or poached egg if desired. The English breakfast is self-service and is kept warm under a heated lamp, which may not be to people's liking. Friendly waitors serve you at breakfast and evening meal, and you have a choice of starter, main and dessert. There is always a freshly prepared soup, a choice of salad or fish dish. Yes, some of the food seems to have been waiting around and may not have been freshly prepared (shop bought meringue, for example), but you get what you pay for! Treat yourself at lunchtime if you want fine dining...

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I liked this hotel and would go again. The staff and the manager were out of this world for help and entertainment. It was my wife*s birthday and they found out at last minute and still managed to produce a cake.(free) Also my daughter lived near by and she was told to call in and have breakfast with mum and dad.Nice little terrace and sun roof. Has pool . You get towels and robes.
The manager was good at getting folk to join in and enjoy themselves. Family group hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed here back in August last year as a late summer holiday and had a wonderful time. Our holiday included my wife, our 2 children and my parents,flying over from southampton.The hotel reception staff were very friendly and accommodating and the manager also,nothing was too much trouble.The rooms were clean with tea/coffee making facilities and a flat screen tv.Childrens room had a bunk bed which they said was very comfortable.We stayed on a B&B basis and the breakfast was good quality and plentiful.Hotel has a nice size indoor swimming pool with plenty of room for fun and swimming.clean towels are provided at reception. All in all a great 5 day holiday and we are all looking forward to returning this August.

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank PortsmouthCarlos
ManagerJersey, Manager at Norfolk Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Thank you for your review. We are now open for the 2013 season after a busy winter upgrading the Norfolk Lodge Hotel. Works have included extensive decoration, much modernisation to our bar area and reception lounges along with upgrading to many bathrooms and bedrooms.

We have included latest generation LED lighting into our entertainment area and this too has made a positive improvement both to our eco credentials and to the guest experience.

We are an AA three star 101 bedroom traditional family owned hotel, with great all day catering and bar facilities, an indoor swimming pool and a large car park. All bedroom TV's are latest generation flat screen. We hope that these investments into the Norfolk Lodge Hotel further demonstrate our commitment to you and the enjoyment of your stay.

New images of the Norfolk Lodge Hotel may be viewed within our facebook albums found on our own Morvan Hotels website. Thank you.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

An acceptable three star hotel with good sized rooms, but the decor looked a bit jaded and the hotel is not particularly well situated. The main problem during our stay was, however, the very poor food. This featured such delights as chilled starters which were almost frozen, tough meat and rock hard roast potatoes. Perhaps the most memorable food item, but for all the wrong reasons, was the seeming hard nuts served with one meal which turned out to be rock solid, massively overcooked sweetcorn kernels ! Maybe we were unlucky and it was chef's week off......

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank curmudgeonface
ManagerJersey, Manager at Norfolk Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

We have now closed for the winter and we are in the process of updating parts of our hotel over the winter period - in time for our re-opening in early 2013. Each year we invest into the hotel to meet expectations - taking our lead from customer comments.

Your comments on the standard of catering on your visit are noted but are not in keeping with the vast majority of the comments that we receive, as other reviews will attest. We have an experienced and long established team of chefs who take great pride in what they do at the Norfolk Lodge - preparing fresh food using quality commodities. It is unfortunate that your on-line comments were not brought to our specific attention during your stay. We are sorry that you did not enjoy this aspect of your stay.

By way of note, we do offer an all day menu at the hotel which has proved both convenient and popular this year and this service, ideal for arriving and departing guests, will remain in place for 2103.

Thank you.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

I've stayed in the Norfolk Lodge Hotel for five nights. My single room was exactly that everything basic but very clean. Nothing more or less than I expected. Thought the hotel is on a busy roundabout it was very quiet. It is a good 10/ 15 minute walk to the town centre but I don't mind walking at all and the centre does get quite congested with traffic anyway.
Everybody in the hotel was very friendly and helpful, the service excellent. Just a couple of times attention to detail was lacking a bit and if these little things can be addressed this hotel will get 5 stars from me.
I had booked half board and had good substantial dinner and breakfast every day. My only complaint being that I was asked already when I would like my dinner before I even had sat down for breakfast ( probably neccessary in the high season, but this was the very last week in the season and very quiet).
A couple of times I had ordered the vegetarian main course option at dinner time. I would have expected to be everything vegetarian but the courgettes came wrapped in bacon. I am not vegetarian and was not bothered by this. But what if I was?
All in all a very enjoyable stay! I hope to come back.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo