All reviewscourtesy bushot tubred squirrelsour waiterwest hillpoolside barminibus servicegarden furnitureno liftevening entertainmenthotel ownersnothing is too much troublelovely weekfellow guestsfamily holidaygreat holidayfirst class
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Having stayed at this hotel over many years we know how it has continued to improve and provide excellent service under the expert care of the management. It is a pleasure to stay and relax in pleasant surroundings with excellent food and service. You cannot ask for more - the staff are courteous and always attentive. It is no wonder this hotel is rated one of the best on the island - long may it remain so.

Thank you for so many hours of pleasure.

Mr & Mrs Raus

Room Tip: Ask for a pool/garden view - the hotel will always be willing to accommodate if possible.
35  Thank Mr_and_Mrs_Raus
JonathanSmale, Owner at Westhill Country Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Dear Mr & Mrs Raus,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. We are all very pleased that you enjoyed yet another holiday in Jersey at the Westhill and everything was up to your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Jonathan R Smale

Reviewed August 31, 2013

This was my second visit to this most wonderful hotel, and my husband joined us for this trip. He knows how fussy I am and wanted to stay at the only hotel that I have ever stayed in twice! He agreed with me in that the service is equivalent to any 4 star hotel, and that all the staff are friendly and so, so helpful.Okay so the rooms are not the most modern, but are very clean and comfortable, and have everything you need. I cannot fault The Westhill, and yes will stay there again, and again and again. Truly wonderful place, with the most wonderful staff. Thank you all so much.

4  Thank Gillypops474
JonathanSmale, Owner at Westhill Country Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

We are all delighted that your second stay with us was up to expectations and thank you for taking the trouble to write your review. We hope to see you all again next year!

Reviewed August 30, 2013

I liked the gardens which were well kept, and my children enjoyed the pool. I myself appreciated being to use the hot tub after spending the best part of the day exploring Jersey. We stayed on a bed and breakfast basis only, food was adequate. However the only drawback was that we were above the Twilight Suite, Saturday night was noisy due to a wedding disco.

Room Tip: Try to find out if a hotel has a function room, if you want a quiet holiday.
1  Thank Teresa C

Thank you very much for writing your review. We are all very pleased to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed the use of the swimming pool & spa daily. I'm sorry to learn that the music from the Wedding party was an issue on the Saturday evening. We do however cater for 8 to 10 wedding partys a season. It is the policy of the hotel that music always finishes by 11.15pm.
If you and the family decide to visit us again in the future a quiet room will be allocated for you.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stayed at the hotel recently as part of a family party celebrating a 50th wedding anniversary. The hotel is nicely situated away from the town but accessible by means of a hotel bus which runs regularly. The outstanding feature of this hotel are the staff members. They are very friendly and anxious that we would ask them for help. It seemed to be a pleasure for them to help us out of whatever small problem we had. The grounds are lovely and extensive too. The outdoor heated pool is superb. I swam there each morning on my own and it was such a pleasure. The grounds staff kept everything spic and span. There are also other outdoor activities such as games facilities including an outdoor pool table.
The hotel itself is a little dated and unfortunately must find it difficult to compete with the rapidly rising standards in the trade. Having said that everything is spotless and perfectly adequate to ones needs. A lift/elevator is a glaring omission which is in the works I believe. Wheelchair access is a problem above the ground floor. The restaurant was pretty good, the staff very helpful and friendly. As a man with a large appetite I found the portions slim enough but the quality good.
Overall I rate this hotel very highly despite some shortcomings. While the rooms and decor might be a little 1980's the excellent service and wonderful atmosphere more than compensate. I highly reccomend this hotel to anyone either with a young family or an older couple, you will ave a very relaxing and pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Ask for room overlooking the pool and grounds
2  Thank Hugh B

Thank you very much for writing your review. We are all very pleased to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. I have passed your kind comments on to the rest of the team! We hope to welcome you back in the very near future.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Just returned home from another relaxing week's holiday at the Westhill. I think this must be our eighteen holiday at this Hotel, so you can guess we really loved it at the Westhill. Can we just say a big thank you to Matthew and his wife Lena for making us feel very welcome once again, also Sofia and her team at Reception. To Nelo and his team in the Restaurant. Big thank you to Fabio our waiter for the week also Carlos again very friendly and helpful. The hotel has a real homely and friendly atmosphere.( Home from Home. ) Thank you all again for a great Holiday. Hope to see you all again next year.( Only downfall our Room was between to very heavy snoring people at night. Hard to get to sleep with the snoring) Didn't put us off fun to listen too and we knew they were happy and content.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank emilyatwellbrook

Many thanks for your review and very kind comments. I have of course, printed out your review for all the staff to read which they always appreciate - especially when they are complimentary!!!

We hope to be able to welcome you here again in the near future.