“FOUR WEEKS OF BLISS AT THE WESTHILL !”

Westhill Country Hotel
Ranked #10 of 32 Hotels in St. Helier
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I have just returned from a much needed extended 4 week break at the Westhill. I have stayed at this hotel several times in the past with family or friends but this time for most of the time I was on my own. Everything was absolutely perfect ! I was so relaxed the whole time and it was lovely to feel pampered. This is a wonderful friendly hotel with such a homely feel to it. Nothing is a bother to any of the staff and the owners are so welcoming. The food is lovely also. I would advise anyone who is going to Jersey to stay at the Westhill.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
8  Thank mariedimartino
There are newer reviews for Westhill Country Hotel

Reviewed July 1, 2013

My husband and I visited Westhill for the first time to celebrate my 70th birthday.Could not have picked a better hotel.Situated in beautiful gardens. The staff were most helpful,the restaurant staff, especially Nelo kept a good excellent dining area ,even to making me a birthday cake. The dogs Daisy and Monty added to the friendliness.Food was excellent Would recommend this hotel should be more than 2 star.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
11  Thank Diane P
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We were having a very stressful time due to a certain orange airline offloading us from our flight and effectively abandoning us in Jersey for 3 days. Rather than go back to our original hotel we booked a room at the Westhill as it was closer to the airport. I only wish we had stayed here for our whole holiday! The room and bathroom was spotless, there was loads of free tea & coffee provided each day and the beds were comfortable. We got a proper cot for our little one, unlike the useless travel cot we had been given in our previous hotel. The pool area was lovely and very clean. The gardens were spacious and well looked after and the lounge bar was excellent. Its just a really comfortable, clean, relaxed hotel in lovely surroundings. Perfect! But the best thing about this hotel is the staff. Every one of them went out of their way to help us and make us feel welcome. They knew we were experiencing some problems and did everything they could to make things easier for us, including even washing some of our clothes because we had run out of clean things to wear! I would not hesitate to recommend the Westhill. I would also like to say a big thank you to the wonderful staff who helped us out when our family was having a difficult time. You were so good to us and we won't forget your kindness and your hospitality!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the gardens
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank laurabishop
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I have just had my 5th holiday at the wonderful Westhill hotel, Jersey, from the moment of stepping into reception the ambience is abundant. Matthew, Jonathan and Lena, and all the staff greet you as friends, and their friendliness lasts throughout your holiday, making you feel very happy and relaxed. The hotel has wonderful entertainment, setting off the week is the quiz organized by Matthew and Jonathan, and the atmosphere is electric, everyone heckling and having a very happy time. Throughout the rest of the week the entertainment is musical, with sing-a-longs and a very talented guitarist called Eddie, who is not to be missed. The accommodation at the hotel is very good, the rooms are spacious and have everything that you require for your holiday. If you are not satisfied with anything, you only have to speak to Matthew or Jonathan and the matter is rectified straight away, so go on, give it a go and have a lovely holiday at the Westhlll, you will come home refreshed and wanting to go back again in the future.

Room Tip: Room facing the garden, or if a little disabled on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank marjoriedoncaster
Reviewed June 20, 2013

My wife and I spent 5 days at the Westhill in May, unfortunately the weather the first 3 days was not very good but we still enjoyed our stay. The reception staff were very welcoming and nothing was any bother to them. The rest of the staff? only one word - excellent. the meals were fabulous the Chef must have 3 stars, and that is just for his soups, magnifique! Served by a staff who must be the envy of the rest of Jersey. Entertainment was first class, and the owners went out of their way to give one a pleasant stay. We were in room 102 overlooking the pool area and it was a good sleeping room. Sitting round the pool watching the red squirrels is worth an extra star in itself. 3 or 4 star hotel if I ever saw one. The Steels.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank arthur s
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Just returned from a week at the Westhill country hotel in Jersey. On arrival we were a bit worried as the hotel was full of young lads singing football songs not something you associate with Jersey and the bathroom was tiny. However after changing our room and the lads only there for one day we settled down to a really nice holiday. The hotel has a very informal atmosphere and the staff on reception were exremely friendly and helpful. The food in the restaurant was extremely nice and again the staff working in this area were extremely efficent and friendly. The weather was lovely and even managed to have a swim in the outdoor pool. The only negative was that our first impressions were not good and that the rooms are a bit tired although we did pay a bit extra to have a pool facing room. The hotel is also at the top of a big hill and although it is straightforward to walk down to St Hellier we did not even attempt to try and walk back. The hotel does provide a shuttle bus which picks up residents from liberation station which was another nice touch.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Stuart M
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We have just returned from our fourth visit to The Westhill and hope to return again. I travel with my mum who is in her 80's and we had a lovely time. We have single rooms and this is the first time we were put in "real" single rooms which we found a little small as we were given small doubles before and just expected that this was the norm. Having said that this is the only gripe as the rooms were perfectly adequate the lovely views over the stunning gardens and pool.
The staff make this hotel we were served by Carlos is the restaurant who was just lovely to my mum and his oppo Fabio was equally as nice. I asked for a table just for the 2 of us and this was immediately accommodated by the charming restaurant manager who has been here every time we have stayed. The brothers (owners) were very hands on as were their sons (it was half term) together with Lena, Kerry and the lovely Sofia. Together of course with the 2 gorgeous four legged friends who were uber friendly.
The bars and public areas were spacious and the gardens are spectacular with plenty of outdoor furniture. The pool was well used by the younger guests and there is a large smaller pool for the non swimming children with a hot tub to one side.
The food was fabulous, I cannot understand anybody who had any problems, three courses followed by a couple of cups of coffee is perfectly acceptable.
The entertainment was good, the singer/guitarist on the Wednesday was fabulous, one of the best I've seen.
The courtesy bus was a godsend and makes the fact that the hotel is just outside St Helier centre no problem at all.
This hotel should be at least a three star and I would recommend it to all ages, particularly families with children and couple of all ages.

Room Tip: The rooms over looking the pool and gardens have the stunning views.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
#9 of 32 in St. Helier
Merton Hotel
Merton Hotel
#2 of 5 in St.Saviour

Been to Westhill Country Hotel? Share your experiences!